I remember the student body. Guitar, friendly friends and a bonfire. They cooked barbecue on it and, of course, potatoes in their uniforms. Hot. With a crispy crust. You break it, and steam comes out of the tuber. Sprinkle with salt and fly away in pleasure. The taste of the food was real: delicate, with potato spice and relish.
It is possible and necessary to prepare a delicacy not only, as in distant youth, but also in your own kitchen. For this, use a saucepan, oven, and also foil with the most delicate cheese, a slow cooker and even a microwave. It will turn out no worse than at the stake. It is also delicious, aromatic and very satisfying.
The name "jacket potatoes" goes deep into the past, which the Russian army appropriated to him during the time of Suvorov. The soldiers, without removing the skin from the vegetable, immediately threw it into the fire. Bulba was one of the main dishes of the military, saving them from hunger.
Let your whole family be imbued with tubers in the skin, a bite of milk, salt and butter. Such a meal is appropriate when there is little time for cooking and you don't want to bother with it at all. So let's start our journey to a tasty and undressed vegetable.
How to cook potatoes in their skins so that they are tasty and not boiled
We all love to remember our youth. Its lightness, unobtrusiveness and brightness. And youth was rich not only in events, but also in special tastes. Coming home from school, lunch was already waiting on the table. Salad, meat and she is a favorite in uniform.
The hot bulb would rather clean and break. The resilient and very savory tuber was coated with butter, salted and soon went into the mouth. Mmm…. What delicious moments they were. Prepare a delicate yummy according to the recipe below and you will get it just as extraordinary, and most importantly, not falling apart.
You will need:
- tubers - any number;
- filtered water by eye;
1. Let's start soon. Choose the correct pot and send as many tubers to the sink as will fit in the bowl. Prepare your brush.
For cooking, give preference to slightly ripe vegetables with a dense skin, but without eyes and rot. Young tubers have too thin skin that may crack. It is better to bake them in the oven.
2. Turn on cool water and rinse the bulb thoroughly. Then brush over each fruit.
It is best to soak tubers from which dirt does not come off in cold water for 10 minutes, and only then go over them with a hard sponge.
3. We send clean vegetables into a saucepan and fill it with cold water. It should be 2 fingers above the level of the bulb. Prepare salt and a teaspoon. Add the component in an approximate ratio of 0.5 tsp. for 1 liter of liquid. This will prevent the tubers from cracking and retain their shape.
4. Light a hotplate over high heat and place a saucepan with a treat on it and close it with a lid.
The total cooking time for vegetables is 20 minutes. They are boiled for 5-7 minutes on maximum heat. As time passes, turn down the gas to the minimum value. Cook on it for the rest of the time. If the water is boiling vigorously, leave the lid ajar.
How to check the readiness of vegetables? Take a toothpick or fork. If they easily pass halfway through the skin of the tuber, then it is ready.
5. Free the vegetables from liquid. For this we need oven mitts and a sink. Open the lid of the pot and grasp the handles with oven mitts while holding the lid. Transfer the dishes to the sink and drain all the water without residue. Place the saucepan back on the stove and remove the lid. There will be a lot of steam. Let it come out and let the bulb cool slightly.
If you are anxious to enjoy a tasty treat, or you were preparing it for a salad, you can pour cold water over the vegetables for a couple of minutes, and then drain the liquid as soon as possible.
Rather, get the potato fellows out of the hot saucepan. What brave guys! Whole, beautiful and so ruddy. Place the food in a dish and serve. Let each bulb bring usefulness, relish and special mood. Join them in the meat and vegetable community.
Jacket potatoes baked in the oven with a baking bag
And here is another recipe for excellent tubers "in a shirt". The baked peel will carefully preserve all its vitamins and essential microelements in the vegetable pulp. The oven will allow you to cook food in butter and with salt, which will make it even tastier.
If you have no thoughts of what to do with the new and young harvest of the bulb, then the first thing to do is create such a delicious and simple Russian-style delicacy.
- 1 kg of tubers;
- salt and refined sunflower oil by eye.
1. First, place the potatoes in a sink and rinse them well in cool water. Then take any container. Send all the bulb into it.
2. Prepare unscented vegetable oil and pour it over the tubers. Choose the amount of oil yourself. Can be a little less or more. Mix everything. The main thing is that each vegetable becomes oily.
3. Now salt the whole bulb by eye and mix everything vigorously.
4. Remove the bulky transparent baking bag. Fold all the tubers into it carefully. Tie the plastic bag securely. Shake it so that the vegetables, the spices and the butter mix well again.
5. Turn the oven 180 degrees and let it preheat. Also prepare the baking sheet by placing it on the table.
6. Transfer the treat bag to a sheet of iron. Place it in a preheated oven for 40 minutes. After a while, remove the food from the oven. Check it for readiness. Untie or tear the bag without getting burnt. Use a fork to pierce any of the tubers. If they are soft, then you can serve the dish on the table.
How beautiful are the fruits of the native land. Starchy, somewhat sweet and infinitely tasty. Captivate everyone by peeling tubers. Pour the milk into a deep bowl. Dip the delicacy in the white mass, involuntarily remembering your childhood, and enjoy eating it.
Delicious recipe for baked potatoes with cheese in foil
In the recipe below, the treat is upgraded with savory cheese. It will dissolve into the pulp of the bulb along with butter, spicy garlic and herbs, which are gently embraced by shiny foil. Having tried this method of creating food only once, your household will lick plates, spoons and fingers. And they will ask you more than once to create delicious food for dinner, lunch or afternoon tea.
Do not refuse your loved ones. Satisfy their tastes with an original dish.
- 8 medium sized tubers;
- 40 gr. butter;
- 80 gr. hard cheese;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 4 tsp odorless vegetable oil;
- on the eye salt and black pepper;
- favorite herbs to serve.
1. Rinse the bulb well. Place a paper towel on the table and place the washed tubers on top of it. Dry them.
2. Take scissors and foil. Calculate how much shiny paper you need to completely wrap the vegetable. Then cut the metal material into 8 matching pieces.
3. Place the bouffer on the foil piece. Follow it with 0.5 h. L. Sunflower oil, spray and pepper fruit. Then grind them closely into metal paper. On the top of the Bulba, tighten the foil around yourself.
4. Turn on the furnace for 190 degrees, and put the fruit into the form for baking or on the iron baking sheet. Send an oven and prepare it about 1 hour.
5. While the spice vegetables will be cheated. Expand it from packaging. Prepare a plate and grater with a large cloth. Put the shredder in the dishes and skip routines through the sieve.
6. Go to garlic. Separate from his head 2 teeth. Clean them from scales. Place the slices on the cutting board. Finely peel them. Lay the mass into a small plate.
7. Ready to remove the bouffer from the oven. Check it on ready, pushing each fruit with a knife. In 60 minutes, the yum should be comforted well and become soft.
Do not turn off the oven, but simply give it to the minimum fire. Soon we will use it again.
8. Now the most interesting. Expand brilliant paper. Make a knife on every vegetable cut. Take the plug and mix the potato flesh well.
9. Prepare creamy oil. Cut it on 8 small pieces. Transfer them to cut fruits. Following the creamy butter, sprinkle with a chopped garlic and salt bouff.
10. We remember about cheese. Deliver the grated mass on 8 parts and send them to the inside of the potatoes. And again, send it to the oven for 10-15 minutes.
11. While the cheese is mowed on vegetables, wash any greens and finely peel it on a cutting board. How time will pass, remove the scene from the oven and serve it immediately to the table. Do not forget to put the dish of a small-cutting greens.
It is possible to be touched by an eye straight from the foil - it will be more tastier.
In brilliant paper, a savory combination of tubers and cheese will be even better, harmonious, but brighter. Boldly open shiny paper as a kind of gift. He was presented to you your decision to cook a dish for such a class recipe. It will only remain drown in his arms and uniquely savory.
How to make potatoes in the microwave in just 5 minutes
Well, this method for the fastest personalities, which are always in a hurry somewhere. If you are, then you quickly remember the recipe and for some 5 minutes you prepare potatoes, without saving it from "clothes." It will help you in this simplest microwave and toothpicks.
Fold in the package clean tubers. Add power in a miracle technology and wait for her magic bell.
- any amount of medium potatoes;
- on the eye vegetable oil without smell;
1. To start, pour vegetable oil into the deep container. In fat you need to make washed and dried tubers.
2. Apply to the toothpicks. For each potato, 3 sticks are necessary. We take the first toothpick and, punctures of the pulp of vegetable, we leave it in that position. Two remaining woods set on the boulevard so that the toothpicks serve it with "legs".
3. Open the microwave and put the tubers on its plate toothpicks down. Close the technique, set the maximum power of 900 W and a timer for 5 minutes. Click Start and wait.
4. Prepare a bowl and, after time, remove the microwave. Check for readiness, pushing the dish, and carefully put it in the dishes, removing the woods from vegetables. And you can taste.
This way of cooking the bulb will not make it dry or wrinkled. And you can add salt to the food during the meal.
Salted fish or other favorite delicacy in the form of any vegetables or meat will be an excellent addition to this dish. Try whatever your heart desires with the universal bulb. Its tastes are so mild that the tubers will melt with any others.
Potatoes in uniforms cooked in a slow cooker
Modernity has awarded us with a huge arsenal of miracle technology. And one of them is a multicooker. What does she not know how. And he will even cook the tubers in the skins.
If you have such a technique, then it is a sin not to use its skills. We set the required regimen, wait and satisfy our appetite. And this is how it looks in practice.
- 500 gr. bulbs;
- water at your discretion.
1. We take out the multicooker and open its lid. Place the carefully washed vegetable in the bowl of the technique.
2. Pour enough clean water over the tubers to completely cover the bulb.
To prepare a treat, it is advisable to use bottled, spring or filtered water.
3. Next, close the lid of the multicooker and plug it in. Set the "Steam cooking" ("Boiling") mode on the equipment panel, and the timer for 30 minutes.
To create a bulb, you can also use the "Stew", "Baking" or "Pilaf" modes. However, the easiest option will be "Cooking".
4. During the specified time, you can look under the cover of the appliance several times and check the cooking process. As soon as this happens and the multicooker signal sounds about the end of cooking the bulb, remove the bowl from the equipment. Cover it with a suitable lid and drain all the liquid from the dishes without leaving any residue. Let it cool slightly.
Pickled cucumbers are great with potatoes.
I think you are also for the blessings of our time. Many generations would envy us. Under these thoughts, remove the bulb from the multicooker and start your meal. Your favorite vegetable will surprise you with how savory it turned out to be and no worse than in the oven, but on the fire. Help yourself, share, and enjoy the easy way to make dinner easy and delicious!
How to cook and quickly peel potatoes in their skins: 3 original recipes
It would seem, well, what is it about such a familiar and ordinary cooking potatoes, and even in clothes. Even a child can cope with this!
But in preparation for the article, I found three very interesting ways to boil and bake tubers in a saucepan, oven and microwave. This way you can cook the bulb not only to eat right away, but also for salads. I am sure that many who will watch this video do not know anything about these options. They are really very interesting.
If you don't have time and want to do everything as quickly as possible, the microwave will help you, just 5 minutes and the vegetable is ready. And if you want to remember a marching dish straight from the ashes in a fire, then bake it in the oven - in flour !!! Yes, yes, you are not mistaken !!! There is also a method in which you boil the tubers in a huge amount of salt, but they still turn out to be not salty ... But so tasty that you will need to stop yourself so as not to eat too much!
Interested ?! Then watch the video rather. I assure you that until it is over, you cannot turn it off. And some even want to reconsider.
The benefits, harms of the finished dish and its calorie content
A logical question. What is the use of the bulb everyone is talking about? And is there any harm in it? Now we will find out about all this.
Let's start with the benefits. After all, there is a lot of it in an unpretentious vegetable and this is what it is:
1. Note that the bulb is rich in antioxidants that help us stay young longer and protect our blood vessels from cholesterol.
The vegetable is full of useful elements and vitamins that our body needs: calcium, magnesium, sodium, phosphorus, iron, manganese, copper, selenium and zinc. Note that half of the daily intake of copper and manganese is only 100 grams. tubers. And 1/3 of the total daily value of iron.
2. The concentrate of usefulness is hidden in the young peel of the fruit, so it is best to cook them “in clothes”.
3. Potatoes have proven themselves well in medicine:
- tubers improve the work of the diuretic system;
- a bulb in a uniform eases the condition with bronchitis - you just have to apply a heated cake from it to the bronchi for a while;
- and many of us breathed over tubers to relieve our condition with rhinitis and colds;
- potato water is very beneficial for indoor plants - the liquid also saturates them with nutrients.
4. Vegetable has a beneficial effect on gastritis and ulcers. It gently envelops the walls of the stomach and intestines with its pulp and reduces the acidity level of the gastrointestinal tract.
For 100 gr. a dressed bulb without oil accounts for only 80 kcal. It is suitable for diet menus. However, if you want to lose weight, eat tubers only 2-3 times a week. This is due to the high starch content in them.
It would seem, what could be harmful in such a tasty and satisfying meal? However, there are several points here and contraindications.
1. If stored improperly and for a long time, a very large amount of solanine can accumulate in the skins of old and green vegetables. It can cause a deterioration in well-being and even poison the body. This bulb can be eaten, but only in a purified form.
2. But immediately send tubers with sprouts to the trash, it is no longer possible to cook your favorite dishes from them.
3. Choose low-starch vegetable varieties. This will save you from metabolic disorders.
4. Be sure to gobble up the broth with meat or other goodies that are high in protein. Indeed, there is very little of this substance in starchy vegetables and it must be replenished.
5. For whom are tubers contraindicated?
- people suffering from diabetes mellitus;
With these diseases, be sure to consult with your doctor about the possibility of using the product.
- the vegetable is banned for those who have serious problems with being overweight;
- in no case is it used if there are severe diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, for example, with low acidity of the stomach.
Remember and adhere to the rules for eating a vegetable. And be sure, in the absence of contraindications, include it in your diet. And may the food bring you and your family only one benefit, health and delicious pleasure.
What potatoes to choose for cooking and how to cook them so that they are delicious
And further. Such useful and simple tips will help you to create a dish with pleasure. Leave them in your memory and they, like Chip and Dale, will rush to your aid at the most opportune moment.
1. Let's decide which bulb is best for baking.
- the vegetable should be young and with a thin skin;
- give preference to oval tubers;
- in the oven, a bulb of the same type and approximately the same shape should be prepared. So it will bake evenly.
2. Avoid fruit that is not well-shaped, with eyes and insect bites. Such vegetables will not make a dish in the skin. It is better to peel them and make mashed potatoes from the bulb, soups or stew and fry them.
3. Life hack. If brushing the bulb, apply baking soda to it. It will not affect the taste of the tubers, but it will quickly rid them of dirt and harmful microbes. Then be sure to dry the fruits.
4. You can bake vegetables in the oven not only whole, but also cut in half or into quarters.
5. And also add bacon, any meat and favorite vegetables to the tubers. Bake an accordion-shaped bulb in French style with your favorite sauces and toppings.
6. If you are going to cook vegetables “in clothes”, then send their low-starch varieties to the saucepan.
7. To avoid charring and evenly bake the food in the oven, you can use a sieve or salt in addition to toothpicks. Put the fruits on one of them, close the oven and wait for them to be ready. So the heat will be evenly distributed over the delicacy and it will have an appetizing golden brown crust.
8. Medium tubers are cooked for an average of 20 minutes over low heat, small vegetables will be ready in a quarter of an hour, and large bulbs will be on your table in 30 minutes. When creating dishes in a slow cooker, add another 5 minutes to the specified time.
9. About pots. If you are cooking food, then use stainless steel or Teflon dishes for this. Enamel and aluminum saucepans can darken from treats cooking. Leave them for other purposes.
10. Even from boiling vegetables, add a pinch of citric acid or more salt to the water.
11. To prevent the potatoes from sticking together when cutting them, put the fruits in boiling water.
12. If you only have a large bulb, you can microwave it by placing the tubers in a bag.
Life is like a stream. Runs, hurries somewhere. She is like a butterfly: sometimes you can't keep up with her. And when you stop in the moment, being gives us unique moments and joy. You notice that happiness is simple.
In the comfort of home, the laughter of children and hugs. In simple, familiar and therefore savory dishes. Such as jacket potatoes. She does not speak, but screams about her story. Seeing her on the dining table, we hit the distant past. We remember our childhood days, the joys in the after-school lunches and the romance of the students.
And now, in the present, we do not forget the Soviet bulb. Cook it as before, or as conveniently - in a modern way. The tubers will still retain their true meaning and will delight you and your family with simple but special tastes. And it's worth a lot!
Enjoy your meal!
How and how much to cook potatoes
Thanks to the advent of steamers, multicooker, microwave ovens, deep fryers and other devices, potatoes can be cooked easily, tasty and quickly in different ways.
Let's look at the step-by-step process of cooking potatoes in different ways.
One of the most popular and versatile cooking methods is boiled potatoes.
How many potatoes are cooked
Whole, peeled potatoes are boiled for 20-25 minutes.
Jacket potatoes are cooked for 25 minutes.
Jacket young potatoes are cooked in 20 minutes.
Finely chopped potatoes in soup cook for 12-15 minutes.
You can cook potatoes in the microwave in 10-12 minutes.
Potatoes in a double boiler (whole and in their uniform) are cooked for 20-25 minutes.
The cooking time of potatoes depends on their size: the larger the tubers, the longer they cook.
The more tubers are cooked, the slower the water boils, hence the longer the full cooking time.
How to cook potatoes
So where do you start cooking potatoes? Potatoes are a vegetable that is not eaten raw; it requires mandatory heat treatment. I do not mean an exception - the use of potato juice for the treatment of peptic ulcer disease.For cooking, the potatoes must be washed. It is better to do this under running cold water, using a brush, sponge. Potatoes should be washed especially thoroughly if you are going to cook them in their skins. After washing, the potatoes must be put in a colander so that the glass has excess moisture, and then on a towel (paper can be used). It is necessary to wash and peel potatoes just before cooking so that the potatoes do not darken.
The worst thing about potatoes, for all their virtues, is that they need to be peeled.
For peeling potatoes
You can use regular steel bladed knives, but it is desirable that the blade is equal in length to the knife handle. The knife, of course, must be sharp. You can also peel potatoes with a vegetable peeler or potato peeler. In large catering establishments, electric potato peelers are used for these purposes. Potatoes can be peeled in a spiral or vertical stripes. This is your choice and habit. It is necessary to clean about 2 mm layer. After cleaning with the edge of a knife, gouge out the eyes. Rinse the potatoes again.
Young potatoes are peeled a little differently. Better, of course, just wash it well with a dish sponge, but not a metal one. It is the peel that contains the most potassium and vitamins, and the peel also prevents the release of nutrients into the water during cooking. But not everyone loves unpeeled potatoes. The peel of young potatoes must be scraped off, scraped off with a sharp knife, it is better to do this under running water. For many, the "dust" flying from potatoes during peeling causes a sore throat, scraping under running water eliminates this problem. Now in hardware stores there are special gloves for washing and peeling potatoes. I can also suggest the old "old-fashioned method" of peeling young potatoes. Pour coarse, the cheapest salt into the bag, put potatoes there, three of them in salt. As a result, we have a quick way to peel young potatoes, all that remains is to rinse the tubers. In addition, young potatoes are easier to peel when placed in hot and then cold water.
How to boil whole, peeled potatoesConsider the versatile cooking method on the stove in a pan. I note right away that it is not recommended to store peeled potatoes, in extreme cases, up to 2 hours with whole tubers in water and with the lid closed. Potatoes categorically do not like to be in a peeled form without water and in the light, it immediately darkens. The cooking time depends on the type of potato, age and water hardness.
The cooking time of the potatoes and their taste also depend on the type of dish you have chosen. Enameled dishes are ideal, choose the size yourself, depending on the volume of boiled potatoes. The lid should fit snugly and be opaque. Light promotes the decomposition of vitamins. The enamel prevents oxidation reactions. It is advisable to choose a saucepan so that it is about 3 cm from the surface of the water to the lid. It is necessary to put the potatoes in boiling water, then it will retain all the useful substances. It is necessary to cook over low heat so that the starch swells evenly. Over high heat, the potatoes are boiled on the outside and burst, but inside they remain uncooked. Cut the very large tubers so that all the potatoes are about the same size. The water should cover the potatoes by one finger. There are different opinions and theories about when to salt potatoes, but in the end it turns out that this is not important. And yet it is more correct to salt it 10 minutes before the end of cooking. The total cooking time of peeled potatoes is about 25 minutes, 20 minutes after boiling, check readiness with a fork. It is not recommended to open the lid when cooking potatoes.
A few more tips for boiling potatoes normally:
- In order for the potatoes to cook faster, it is recommended to put a piece of butter, about 20 grams, in the water, this will raise the boiling point and the potatoes will cook 5 minutes faster.
- To prevent the potatoes from boiling softly during cooking, if necessary, pour 1 tbsp. a spoonful of 6% vinegar per 1 liter of water. You can also add some cucumber or cabbage pickle. In general, an acidic environment increases the cooking time of potatoes, and potatoes hardly boil in it.
- To prevent the potatoes from boiling when they boil, drain some hot water and pour cold water.
- For crumbly potatoes, on the contrary, you need to drain the water 15 minutes after boiling and cook over low heat with the lid tightly closed.
- You can improve the taste of regular boiled potatoes by adding dill and garlic.
Potatoes in a slow cooker:
1. Take 1 kg of medium-sized potatoes. Wash potatoes, peel, cut large tubers into 2-4 pieces.
2. Put the potatoes in the multicooker bowl, add salt (1 teaspoon per 1 liter of water), add water so that it completely covers the potatoes.
3. Set the "Cooking" mode for 30 minutes.
4. Throw the finished potatoes in a colander, drain the water.
5. Use ready-made potatoes for their intended purpose, adding a piece of butter and herbs.
When potatoes are boiled in the usual way, they lose a lot of vitamins. Potatoes are much more nutritious when cooked in a double boiler.
Potatoes in a double boiler
To cook 1 kg of potatoes in a double boiler, you need:
1. Select medium sized tubers, wash, peel, cut large tubers in half or 4 pieces.
2. Pour water into the steamer up to the mark, place the potatoes on the wire rack.
3. Set the timer for 30 minutes.
4. Place the finished potatoes under running water to wash off the starch.
5. Serve cooked potatoes with any sauce you like.
6. After work, you need to wash the steamer, otherwise the potatoes will stick to the holes and it will be difficult to remove them.Young potatoes are boiled in exactly the same way, but the boil is less on average by 5 minutes.
For boiling potatoes
in the microwave
, you need to choose small potato tubers or cut large ones in half, wash, peel the potatoes.
Pour 100 ml of water into a dish for a microwave oven, put potatoes, close the lid and cook at full power for 10 minutes. Drain the water from the finished potatoes, salt it better when done. Serve any boiled potatoes with butter, herbs.
How and how much to cook potatoes in their uniform
If you need to boil potatoes for a salad or for some dish in their uniform, then:
1. Choose medium potato tubers if possible.
2. Wash the potatoes thoroughly.
3. Put it in the water so that the water covers the potatoes.
4. Close the lid, do not open it while cooking. Bring the potatoes to a boil and cook for 20 minutes until tender.
5. Drain the potatoes and place them in a pot of cold water for 30 seconds. For flavor, you can add a slice of lemon to the water.
6. Take out the potatoes, from the middle pull the peel in different directions. This way the potatoes will peel easily.
The total cooking time depends on many factors: the power of the stove; the metal from which the pan is made and, of course, from the volume of water and the mass of potatoes.On average, the total cooking time for 1 kg of jacket potatoes is 25 minutes.
You can also boil potatoes
in a uniform in a double boiler
by setting the timer for 30 minutes (25 minutes from the moment the water boils).
Jacket potatoes in the microwave
Currently, an interesting and worthy way to cook potatoes in their skins is the microwave method. Microwaved potatoes turn out crumbly, keep longer, do not become "slimy". In addition, the time for cooking potatoes in a microwave oven is much shorter than when cooking on the stove.Take 0.5 kg of medium-sized potatoes, wash thoroughly with a brush, make several punctures with a toothpick, put the potatoes in a microwave oven, pour 100 ml of water on the bottom, close the lid. Place the potatoes in the microwave at maximum power (800 W) for about 10-12 minutes. Young potatoes are cooked 2 times faster.
potatoes in a bag in the microwavetake small tubers (5-6 pcs.), wash thoroughly under running water. Put the potatoes in a bag, preferably for baking, salt a little, sprinkle with vegetable oil, add dry herbs and seasonings if desired. Tie the bag tightly, make a few punctures to let the steam out.
Microwave at full power (800W) for about 10 minutes. Take out and carefully open the bag, put the potatoes on the board, peel them.
For cooking new jacket potatoes
take medium tubers on the stove, wash thoroughly, fill with water so that it completely covers the tubers. Add salt: 1 teaspoon per 0.5 kg of potatoes, bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes with the lid covered. The readiness of the potatoes is checked with a fork - it should pierce the finished tuber easily. Then drain the water. The total cooking time for young potatoes in their skins is about 20 minutes. Young potatoes are ideal to serve with sour cream, butter, herbs.
How to make mashed potatoes
The most favorite recipe since childhood is mashed potatoes.
Real mashed potatoes have a delicate, airy texture, creamy taste and pale yellow color.
For cooking, you need to take starchy potatoes. Young potatoes are not suitable for cooking mashed potatoes due to their unripeness and low starch content, such mashed potatoes will be lumpy. Boil potatoes immediately after peeling them. Better to take small, medium-sized tubers and put the mashed potatoes in salted boiling water. If you put it in cold water, the top can cook and the middle will remain damp. In addition, some of the starch will be released into the water, and the taste of the puree will deteriorate significantly. Water must be poured so that it only covers the tubers, bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook with the lid closed until cooked for 20 minutes. The total cooking time is on average 25 minutes.
After cooking, the water must be completely drained and crushed with an ordinary crush: wooden or metal (now there are silicone, plastic). But do not use a mixer or blender, they will make the puree gooey, sticky and heavy. First, crush dry potatoes without additives
Then add butter, the more, the tastier. Continuing to crush, pour boiled milk or cream in parts.
Fresh milk turns potatoes gray. An egg or egg white can improve the taste. Fasting people can use soy milk, almond milk, or coconut milk. Mix the puree thoroughly. Puree is not prepared for future use, it should be eaten hot immediately.
You can improve and diversify the taste of mashed potatoes by adding garlic, herbs, bay leaves, nutmeg, fried onions or bacon. There is already everything for your taste and imagination!
One of the most popular recipes is the [h4] potato stew [/ h4].
I offer the simplest version of stewed potatoes.
- 1 kg of potatoes;
- 1 head of onion;
- a couple of garlic cloves;
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil;
- salt, spices;
- greens and water.
In a frying pan, preferably with a Teflon coating or a thick bottom, heat the vegetable oil, put the peeled chopped potatoes (in slices, circles or bars). Fry until golden brown, add diced onions and garlic, add salt and spices.Mix, fill with water so that it slightly covers the potatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until cooked for about 15 minutes with the lid closed.
Serve hot stewed potatoes, sprinkle with chopped herbs.
Baked potatoes in foil
Another way to cook potatoes in their skins is to bake them in foil over charcoal. This is a very common way of cooking potatoes at picnics now.
To do this, take medium-sized potato tubers, wash them thoroughly with a sponge or brush, wrap them in foil and bake in burnt coals for 15-20 minutes, depending on the size of the tubers. You can make more delicious and flavorful potatoes. To do this, wash the medium-sized tubers thoroughly, cut in half, put a piece of salted bacon or bacon between the halves, add herbs, spices, garlic if desired.
We wrap the potatoes in foil, put them in burnt coals. We bake for 20 minutes. We check the readiness with a dry sharp stick. Similarly, you can bake such potatoes in foil in the oven on a baking sheet, for this, put the potatoes in foil in an oven heated to 200 degrees and bake until cooked for about 40 minutes.Chopped potatoes
There are different types of chopped potatoes depending on the type of dish you cook.
1. Straws. The peeled tubers are cut into plates, and they are cut into strips. Straws are thin and medium. The thickness in the section is on average 0.2 by 0.2 mm, the length is 4-5 cm. For such cutting, it is convenient to use a Berner grater or a Korean carrot grater. This cut is suitable for pie potatoes.
2. Bricks. Tubers, cut into thick plates, are cut into sticks. The sticks are thicker than the straws. Approximately 1 x 1 cm thick and 4-5 cm long. This slicing method is ideal for making French fries. It is also used for frying, cooking soups and borscht.
3. Cubes. The finished cubes are cut into cubes. The size of the section is different, from 0.3 to 2 cm. This cutting is used for salads, stewing in milk, cooking potatoes as a side dish.
4. Circles. Nice way, but a lot of waste. Gently peel the potatoes in the shape of a cylinder and then cut into circles. Thickness is from 0.2 mm to 0.5 cm. Such potatoes are fried, baked with vegetables, meat, fish.
5. Slices. Peeled potatoes are cut into 2 or 4 pieces lengthwise, and then across into pieces of a certain size. Baking slices, stews.
6. Lobules. Peeled potatoes are cut into 4 or more pieces, depending on the size. This type of cutting is suitable for pickles, stews, deep-fried, baking.
7. Kegs and cylinders. Not a rational, but beautiful way for stuffing and garnishing. Peel potatoes, grind them in the shape of a cylinder.
There are also decorative ways of slicing for baking in the form of pears, garlic. With the help of special grooves, balls are cut out of potatoes, used for a boiled side dish or deep-fried. There are devices for cutting potatoes in the form of a spiral, for deep-frying.
Potatoes cut in one way or another are placed in broth, with vegetables, meat for about 10-15 minutes until cooked, depending on the method of cutting.
How to cook potato soup
Of course, one cannot but recall the everyday use of potatoes in soups and borscht.
Almost all housewives prepare potato soup; it is quick, tasty, nutritious and economical. Cooking this soup is within the power of even a novice housewife. It can be cooked in any broth: vegetable, chicken, meat, fish, mushroom, etc. You can cook dietary and light, rich and high-calorie soups.When cooking, you can add almost any spice, seasoning, vegetables, herbs, cream or milk.
I offer the simplest
potato soup recipe
The recipe is for 4 servings.
For 1.5 liters of meat broth, take 200 grams of potatoes, 200 grams of any vegetables (celery, onions, carrots, bell peppers, you can take a frozen mixture of vegetables for speed), 1 tbsp. a spoonful of vegetable oil for frying onions, salt, pepper, herbs to taste.
Put peeled and diced potatoes in the finished broth.
Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Put the peeled and diced vegetables, bring to a boil, put the onions fried in vegetable oil, diced. Salt and pepper the soup. Cook until tender over medium heat, with the lid closed for 10 minutes.
Serve sprinkled with chopped herbs.
The time of boiling potatoes in soup from the moment of boiling is 12-15 minutes, depending on the method of cutting.
What nuances and subtleties do you need to know when cooking potatoes in borscht? And here again there is no consensus. What to put first: potatoes or cabbage? And yet, first put potatoes, cut into cubes, bring to a boil, and only later fresh or sauerkraut.
Boiling time for potatoes in borscht is 15 minutes, taking into account that the medium of borscht is sour.
Unusual ways to boil potatoes
Unusual new recipe for boiled jacket potatoes.
This recipe was invented by a Russian immunologist, such potatoes are considered the most useful. The recipe is called "Freight".
Potatoes must be thoroughly washed with a brush under running water, put in a stainless steel pan. It can store the solution for a long time and use it repeatedly. Pour the potatoes with a solution of 350 g of salt and 1 liter of water. Do not be afraid of salt, when serving it you may even have to add salt. Bring the solution to a boil over high heat, the salt may not even dissolve all, do not be alarmed. Conversely, if all the salt dissolves, add a couple more spoons. When boiling, there must be an excess of salt that has not dissolved.
Boil with a vigorous boil, cover the lid not tightly. When cooking, the potatoes should sizzle, like in deep fat, this will boil water out of it. It is necessary to stir periodically so that the tubers are under a layer of saline. Such potatoes are ready in 10-15 minutes, since the temperature of the concentrated brine solution is much higher than the boiling point of water.
When boiled for up to 50 minutes, such potatoes do not boil, the peel does not crack, it becomes smaller and denser. This (dense) potato is good for use in salads. Ready potatoes must be immediately caught out of the solution, rinsed under cold running water, and peeled.If you are going to take such potatoes on the road, then on the contrary, do not rinse them. It will dry out, covered with a salt crust, which will prevent spoilage of potatoes even in the heat.
Do not empty the saline solution, it can be used until it becomes dirty. On cooling, the salt will precipitate in the solution. For subsequent boiling, simply place the washed potatoes in cold brine, bring to a boil and cook.
A very tasty way to cook potatoes in milk.
We need 1 kg of potatoes, 300 ml of milk and 1 teaspoon of salt. Peel the potatoes, cut them into cubes, put them in a saucepan with cold salted water (the water should cover the potatoes), bring to a boil.
We reduce the heat and cook for 10 minutes, then drain the water, pour in hot milk, bring to a boil and cook until cooked for about 10 minutes more.
The total boiling time for potatoes in milk is 20 minutes.
Serve potatoes with herbs.
You can also cook potatoes in milk in a slow cooker.
This will require 1 kg of potatoes, 1 glass of milk, 50 gr. butter, 1 teaspoon of salt, spices. Put pieces of butter in the multicooker bowl. Top with potatoes cut into circles, fill with milk. The milk should not completely cover the potatoes.Add salt, spices, put on the "stewing" mode for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with herbs when ready and serve immediately hot.
Among the original delicious ways to cook potatoes -
baking potatoes in salt in their skins.
We need 1 kg of medium potato tubers. 2 tbsp. tablespoons of salt, 3 tbsp. tablespoons of flour. Plastic bag. Put salt and flour in the bag and mix. Wash the potatoes thoroughly and put them wet in a bag. Shake well so that the salt and flour evenly cover the potatoes.
Put the potatoes in a "fur coat" made of salt and flour on a baking sheet (better to cover with foil), put in an oven heated to 200 degrees and bake for about 1 hour. You can check the readiness by piercing it with a fork. Serve hot potatoes immediately with butter, herbs.
The benefits of potatoes
In addition to the fact that we, almost everyone, love potatoes for their taste and variety of dishes, the healing properties of this root crop should be noted. Potatoes consist of 15 - 20% (depending on the variety) of carbohydrates (starch), so it should be used with caution by people with obesity and diabetes. Also, potatoes are 2% protein and 0.3% fat. The calorie content of potatoes, of course, depends on the method of preparation and varies greatly from 75 kcal per 100 grams in young boiled to 500 kcal in chips.
Potatoes are very high in potassium, about 600 mg per 100 grams, thanks to this it is useful for the work of the heart muscle. Especially there is a lot of potassium in the peel, which is why jacket potatoes are so useful for cores. Potatoes contain a lot of iron, calcium, vitamins of group B, C, E, K, PP, organic acids.
Potatoes are irreplaceable in dietary nutrition. It is used for heart failure, hypertension, atherosclerosis. Potatoes help to remove salt from the body, baked potatoes are especially useful. Potato dishes are very useful with appropriate processing and preparation for gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer.
Calorie content of potatoes
The calorie content of raw potatoes is 70 kcal per 100 grams.
The calorie content of boiled potatoes is 75 kcal per 100 grams.
The calorie content of jacket potatoes is much less - 66 kcal.
Jacket baked potatoes have 80 kcal per 100 grams of product.Young potatoes have the fewest calories and are high in protein.
The longer potatoes are stored, the more starch they contain, and, accordingly, more carbohydrates and calories.
Choice and purchase
When buying potatoes for a long time, for future use, you need to take unwashed tubers. Potatoes do not like sandy soils, so if you can hear hard grains of sand on it, then you should not take such tubers. It will not keep well and darken when cooked. You should be careful when buying potatoes from peat soils, which are recognized by their black color. The best potatoes from loamy and chernozem soils. If you see dirt adhering to the tubers, then feel free to take such potatoes.
One of the biggest disadvantages of potatoes, both in terms of taste and aesthetics, is their browning during cooking. It is impossible to determine when buying: whether the potatoes will darken. The reason for the browning of potatoes during cooking can be improper storage, transportation (potatoes are beaten, thrown), an excess of nitrogen fertilizers is also dangerous for potatoes (and human health). But at the same time, there are varieties that are most resistant to darkening. These are Nikulinsky, Blueness, Handsome, Lorkh.
So, what you need to know when choosing quality potatoes.
1. Naturally, tubers should be firm and dense, without mechanical damage, with a smooth surface, clean, dry, not corroded by pests.
2. There should be no eyes on the potatoes. If the potato has eyes, then it has begun to sprout, such a potato has an unpleasant sweet taste.3. In no case should you take and use green potatoes. It contains a poison - solanine.
When choosing, do not chase large tubers, although they are more pleasant to peel, small and medium tubers contain more nutrients. It is also worth choosing potatoes with a thicker skin, such potatoes are more mature, respectively, it will be better stored. Late varieties of potatoes are tastier and more nutritious than earlier ones. The more time the potatoes ripen, the more starch they contain. And accordingly, it tastes better.
1. Early maturing varieties are not suitable for long-term storage, up to a maximum of November. Only late varieties can be stored for a long time.
2. Only ripe, dried, good quality potatoes can be stored for a long time, without damage, rot and frostbite.
3. Potatoes can be stored with the beets by placing the beets on top of the potatoes. Beets absorb excess moisture, which prevents rotting.
4. It is ideal to store potatoes at a temperature of 5 - 7 degrees. And, of course, in the dark. At temperatures below +5 degrees, starch in potatoes decomposes to sugars, such potatoes will have a sweetish taste and gray color. For this reason, you should not store potatoes for a long time in the refrigerator or on the balcony. In addition, potatoes get wet when stored in the refrigerator. Do not store potato tubers in plastic bags. For short-term storage in refrigerators, only paper bags are allowed. Well, and, of course, it is simply inconvenient to store in the refrigerator, since potatoes take up a lot of space.
5. For short-term storage, you can use a place away from heating at home. Ideal, of course, is storage in cellars.
Potatoes are healthy, nutritious, available at any time of the year.
Let's start by choosing potatoes. Depending on what culinary goal you are pursuing, what you want to make from potatoes, you need to take different varieties. It is ideal to have three varieties of potatoes available in the kitchen (pantry). In total, there are about 4000 varieties of potatoes, which are distinguished by color, pulp density, starch content and ripening times.
Yellow potatoes have this color thanks to their carotene. It is sweetish, boiled, tasty, these are the varieties: Vineta, Andretta, Santa, Agata and others.
Red potatoes. Red varieties are useful in that they contain antioxidants, do not boil over, are stored for a long time, have a piquant taste, these are: Sheri, Red Tamb, Roseval, Red Scarlet, American and others.White varieties are the richest in vitamin C and starch, they are highly boiled and juicy. These are: White Dew, Gypsy, Aerrow, Anabel, Bleu bel, Spunta, Skazka and others.
Now on the shelves there are new "colored" varieties of potatoes: purple, black, blue. They contain more nutrients, antioxidants. But in aesthetic terms, people still recognize the usual white and yellow colors of potatoes.
Categories and labeling
In world standards, the designation is accepted - A, B, C, D by softness density:
A - salad type potatoes;
B - for chips;
C - for deep-frying;
D - for casseroles and mashed potatoes.
If the starch content of the potatoes is higher than 15%, then this is a variety for mashed potatoes. Such potatoes boil well and quickly. Mashed potatoes will be, of course, high-calorie, but fluffy and tender. These are the varieties: Andretta, Sineglazka, Santa and others.
If the starch content is below 15%, then such potatoes do not boil over boiling. It is suitable for soups, salads. Accordingly, these varieties are less high in calories, which must be taken into account when dieting. These are the varieties: Nevsky, Nikulinsky, Red Scarlet and others.If the dry matter in potatoes is not less than 20%, and reducing sugars not more than 0.5%, then such potatoes are used for frying. Its slices retain their shape and do not color when cooking in a deep fat fryer or in oil in a pan, in addition, such potatoes do not darken and do not acquire a bitter taste. These are the varieties: Nadezhda, Leader, early potato varieties and others.
In Russia, potatoes are considered Moscow region, Voronezh, Tambov, Lipetsk regions. It must be remembered that potatoes do not tolerate heat. The heat reduces the quality of the tubers.
Interesting and unique facts
Well, who doesn't know potatoes? The people say: "Potatoes are our mother, and bread is the breadwinner", "Eat potatoes and bread - you will live to be a hundred years old", "In Russia, without potatoes, it is like a party without an accordion." After bread and cereals, it ranks second in terms of prevalence in our diet. It is believed that potatoes are native to South America, or rather from the highlands of the Andes. The first information about potatoes dates back to the 30s of the 16th century, when the Spaniards first tasted and described "mealy roots of a pleasant taste." In Russia, potatoes are considered the second bread, but for the first time "earthen apples" were tasted in Russia at the beginning of the 18th century. They were brought as a gift to Count Sheremetyev from abroad by Peter I. At first, potatoes were food only for the nobility, and only at the beginning of the 19th century, they became available to ordinary people.
In 1962, a fifth of Ireland's population ate exclusively on potatoes. Even using soup cleaners. And the broth was used to treat joints and fractures. “Potatoes and marriage are two things that are too serious to be joked with,” says an Irish proverb. In Ireland, potatoes are classified as aphrodisiacs, foods that increase sexual activity.
2008, at the initiative of the UN, was declared the International Year of the Potato.
The most expensive potato was grown on the French island of Noirmoutier. It has such delicate tubers that it is harvested only by hand and costs 500 euros per 1 kg. In short, this vegetable deserves due attention and respect due to its role on our table.
- - This is the simplest potato dish that absolutely every person who has a saucepan, stove, water and potatoes can cook. What we need:
- Its volume depends on how many potatoes in their skins you want to cook. The generally accepted standard for housewives is to fill half of the pot with potatoes and the other half with water. Below we will analyze the reasons for this approach;
- Potatoes; Salt (one large pinch per liter of water, then be guided by taste);
- Butter Salt (one large pinch per liter of water, then be guided by taste);
Fresh herbs and sour cream
A wonderful dish for every day, isn't it?
How to choose the right potato?
If you have the opportunity to buy potatoes of a specific variety, then choose Gala or Red Scarlett, other varieties can be found in a special section on our website. If you buy vegetables in a supermarket, where it is not clear which variety, then just take what you have. For jacket potatoes, this is not too important.
- Try to use only young and sturdy potatoes. Firstly, the skin of young potatoes peels well. Secondly, in such a dish, potatoes are the only ingredient. You will not be able to disguise a bad vegetable with other components.
- How to cook potatoes in their uniform: step by step instructions with a photo
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly under running water.
- Fill half the pan with potatoes, then pour water to the brim. If the proportions are violated and less water is poured, then the potatoes in their uniform will not have time to cook before all the water boils away.
- Place the pot on the included stove.
Season with plenty of salt. Be sure to salt before cooking, otherwise the finished potatoes will be unsalted inside.
Leave to simmer for 20-30 minutes over high heat. Pierce with a fork periodically. As soon as the root vegetable becomes soft - done!
- Each housewife prepares jacket potatoes differently. Someone finds the perfect recipe for themselves on their own. There are people who do not bother at all with the question of how to cook potatoes in their uniforms, but simply throw them into the water and wait for the final result. To each his own.
- Serve the jacket potatoes with fresh, creamy sour cream. If you oversalt the potatoes a little more, just a little more, you get a very contrasting taste. Your family will definitely like it!
- Greens will never harm cooked potatoes. If you manage to get fresh dill, parsley, cilantro and tomatoes with cucumbers, you can safely serve such beauty even on a festive table!
- Do not leave potatoes to cool down after cooking. Better to cut it into large pieces right away. So she will immediately attract the household to the table with her steam, and will also evaporate excess moisture from herself.
- It is customary to salt potatoes in their uniforms when eaten, we recommend that you make sure that there is coarse salt at home. Fine salt can oversalt too much as it sticks better to food and is very difficult to remove!
What are our two main seasonings? Correctly! Salt and pepper. Buy some fresh, tasty peppercorns and grind them in a coffee grinder or mortar. Trust me, this seasoning will give you the best potatoes you have ever tasted.
Video on the topic "How to cook potatoes in their jacket"
How to cook jacket potatoes
Jacket potatoes are not only a delicious dish, they are included in many recipes: salads, okroshka and so on. Since it is cooked in a peel, more nutrients remain inside than in a peeled one. But a lot of starch also remains. Its calorie content is 87 calories per 100 grams. It would seem that there is nothing easier than boiling potatoes in their skins. But in fact, you need to know a lot of subtleties in order for everything to work out. In this article, we will show you how to boil jacket potatoes in a saucepan, multicooker, double boiler, and microwave.
How much to cook potatoes in their skins
In a saucepan, potatoes in uniforms should be boiled for 20-25 minutes.
In a slow cooker and a double boiler, the potatoes should be cooked for 35-40 minutes.
In the microwave, this process will take only 5-8 minutes.
- Secrets of cooking jacket potatoes
- Low starch varieties are best for cooking. These are tubers of an oblong brown shape with a yellow center. They are the least boiled down. Varieties with a high starch content can become soft during cooking. And if you shorten the cooking time, the middle will remain moist.
- Aluminum and enamel pans are not suitable for cooking and may darken. Better to use a pan made of stainless steel or Teflon coated.
- To reduce the risk of boiling potatoes, you can add a pinch of citric acid or twice as much salt to the water.
- For Olivier salad, okroshka and other dishes, boil potatoes in the same way as for a side dish.
There is not much difference in what water to boil potatoes. But so that it does not stick together when cutting, it must be thrown into boiling water.
As quickly as possible, large potatoes are cooked in the microwave in a bag. Medium and small can be cooked without a bag, but always with the addition of water, otherwise you will get another dish - baked potatoes.
How to cook jacket potatoes in a saucepan
This recipe with a photo will help you cook jacketed potatoes on the stove correctly.
We need potatoes, water and salt.
Wash the roots thoroughly in water. If necessary, use a metal scraper, but make sure not to damage the peel.
We send the potatoes to the pan, fill with water so that it covers the tubers completely. Add 1 teaspoon of salt.
Place the pot on the stove and turn on an intense fire.
As soon as the water has boiled, cover the pan with a lid and reduce the heat. Boil potatoes in their skins after boiling for 20-25 minutes over medium heat. Cooking time depends on the size of the tubers. It is better to check readiness with a toothpick.
It is better to serve ready-made potatoes hot, pouring it with vegetable oil (preferably unrefined). If desired, sprinkle with herbs or crushed garlic.
How to cook jacket potatoes in a slow cooker
In a multicooker, potatoes in uniforms are cooked according to the same principle as in a saucepan. In our step-by-step instructions, you will see how easy it is to do.
For cooking, take potatoes, water and salt.
First you need to wash the vegetable in running water. Particularly soiled areas can be rubbed with a brush or scraper without breaking the integrity of the peel.
We put the tubers in the multicooker bowl. Pour water so that it covers them up to about half. Add 1 teaspoon of salt.
In the Redmond multicooker we cooked on the "Cooking" mode for 45 minutes. You can also use the "Extinguishing" mode for 1 hour.
How to cook jacket potatoes in the microwave
In this way, it is convenient and quick to cook small and medium sized tubers.
For cooking, you need to take potatoes and water. Salt is added as desired.
We wash potatoes in running water.
We take any utensils suitable for the microwave and send clean tubers there. Fill with cold water about half. If desired, the water can be slightly salted.
We put the dishes with potatoes in the microwave and cover with a lid.
Cook at maximum power (1000 W) for 5 minutes. Cooking time depends on the total weight of the potatoes: the more it is, the more minutes it will take.
How to cook jacket potatoes in the microwave in a bag
It is very convenient to cook potatoes in the microwave in a simple plastic bag. The most important thing is that there are no holes in it!
For cooking, you need to take potatoes and a thicker bag.
We wash the tubers especially thoroughly, but so as not to damage the peel.
We put vegetables in a bag.
We wrap the bag as tightly as possible.
We put the bag of potatoes on the microwave plate with the knot down. In no case do we pierce it!
We turn on the microwave at a power of 1000 W for 5 minutes. The bag will inflate during cooking. Do not worry, it will not burst, and the tubers will be cooked precisely thanks to the steam formed inside.
How to cook jacket potatoes in a double boiler
So that the potatoes in their uniforms do not boil over, you can cook them in a double boiler. It is very easy!
We'll need potatoes and water.
Thoroughly rinse the tubers in running water. If necessary, with three scraper, but so that the skin remains intact.
Pour water into the appropriate compartment of the steamer.
Season with plenty of salt. Be sure to salt before cooking, otherwise the finished potatoes will be unsalted inside.
- We put the washed tubers in the bowl of a double boiler. They should not touch each other. If necessary, you can use several tiers.
- We turn on the double boiler for 40 minutes.
For better cleaning of the tubers, you can dip them in cold water immediately after boiling. But this slightly reduces the palatability.
If, when cutting for salad, the potatoes still stick to the knife, then moisten it with cold water. Then you will be able to cut everything into even cubes.
Jacket potatoes are usually prepared for salads. The peel retains the dense structure of the tubers, therefore, after cutting, the slices keep their shape, do not crumble. Also, unpeeled potatoes are boiled for cooking zraz, pancakes, mashed potatoes.
- How much to cook potatoes in their skins: tips from chefs Cooking requires only water, tubers and salt. There is no clear cooking schedule. The process takes 15 to 30 minutes, depending on the number and size of the potatoes. Cooking can be divided into five stages.
- Training ... Choose potatoes that are the same size. Rinse thoroughly under running water. Rub dirty tubers with a soft brush or foam sponge. Make sure that the peel is not damaged.
- Water ... The amount of cooking liquid depends on the number of tubers. In any case, the water should completely cover the vegetables. If the liquid boils away during cooking, add hot water.
- Time ... On average, boil potatoes in their skins after boiling water for 20 minutes. After 15 minutes, you can check the doneness by piercing the peel with a fork. If the teeth fit well into the tuber, it's time to remove the pan from the heat, drain the water. Tough potatoes should be left for another 15-20 minutes.
- Salt ... It is recommended to add salt to the water ten minutes after the start of cooking. The spice will add a salty flavor to the dish and prevent the peel from cracking. One teaspoon per liter of liquid is enough.
... If you need potatoes for a salad, it is better to pour cold water over the tubers after cooking. This will make it easier to remove the "uniform", to keep the dense structure of the pulp.
Discard greenish potatoes. This color indicates that the tubers were not properly stored (in the light), and solanine, a poisonous substance, has accumulated in the peel. Such potatoes are not suitable for cooking in their skins. It is best to peel the tubers by cutting off the green parts and boil them in the usual way.
- Time nuances It is better to choose young potatoes for cooking, but not all seasons allow this. An "adult" root vegetable (large, small) is no worse for cooking in a uniform. However, when cooking, there are several nuances to consider related to the size and "age" of the vegetables.
- Old potatoes ... It is not recommended to cook old, caked potatoes in their uniforms. Rotten, "big-eyed" tubers should be excluded. If the appearance is quite satisfactory, then in 25-30 minutes the potatoes will be ready.
- New potatoes ... Ideal for skins. Young potatoes of medium size are cooked in their skins for 15-20 minutes. Young tubers can be eaten without peeling.
... The larger the potatoes, the longer it will take to cook. On average, 25 minutes is enough to boil large potatoes in their skins.
It is best to cook varieties with a low to medium starch content in their uniforms. As a rule, these are yellow and red tubers with dense flesh.
Cooking: 5 ways
Modern kitchens, equipped with appliances, allow you to choose the most convenient way of cooking. The dish can be cooked not only on the stove, but also using a microwave, multicooker. In a saucepan
- ... A good housewife should know how to properly boil jacket potatoes in a saucepan. After removing the pan from the heat, be sure to drain the water and remove the lid to allow the tubers to cool in the air. If hot liquid is left, especially under the lid, the potatoes will continue to evaporate and are more likely to boil over.
- What you need:
- potatoes - 500 g;
water - 1 l;
- salt - a teaspoon.
- How to cook
- Place the washed potatoes in a saucepan.
- Pour in cold water, covering the vegetables completely.
- Put on high heat, cover with a lid.
- Wait for it to boil, add salt.
- Reduce heat, open lid slightly to let out steam.
- Leave it on for about 20 minutes.
- Check readiness with a skewer, fork or knife.
If the potatoes are soft, drain the water.
Modern kitchens, equipped with appliances, allow you to choose the most convenient way of cooking. The dish can be cooked not only on the stove, but also using a microwave, multicooker. Leave the tough tubers for another ten minutes, check the readiness.
- In a multicooker
- ... It is convenient to cook jacket potatoes using a modern household appliance. It is enough to set the program and wait for the signal. You can do other things while cooking.
water - 1 l;
- Wash the potatoes well.
- Put in a bowl, add salt.
- Pour in water to completely cover the vegetables (the level should be a couple of millimeters higher).
Close the lid, set the steam cooking program for half an hour.
After the signal, remove the bowl, drain the remaining liquid.
Modern kitchens, equipped with appliances, allow you to choose the most convenient way of cooking. The dish can be cooked not only on the stove, but also using a microwave, multicooker. Depending on the size and number of tubers, you can set a mode for 25-40 minutes. When in doubt about the exact time, set it to 20 minutes, and then check the readiness with a knife. If the pulp is tough, extend the cooking for another ten minutes.
- In the microwave
- ... In the microwave, a vegetable in a uniform is cooked the fastest. In this case, water and dishes are not needed.
water - 1 l;
- tight plastic bag;
- potato tubers.
- Dry well washed potatoes by blotting with a napkin.
- Pin it with a toothpick in several places.
- Put in a bag, tie (fasten).
- Put in the oven.
- Set the power to 600-700 watts and the time is ten minutes.
- Pierce the bloated bag.
Check the readiness of the tubers.
If the potatoes are tough, repeat the cooking process for another two minutes.
Modern kitchens, equipped with appliances, allow you to choose the most convenient way of cooking. The dish can be cooked not only on the stove, but also using a microwave, multicooker. Small tubers are recommended for microwave ovens. The small size guarantees fast and even cooking. It is better to boil large potatoes using the traditional method.
- In the oven
- ... In this unusual way, you can "boil" small potatoes in their skins, so that they do not boil. It turns out a delicious vegetable, as if cooked in ash, an excellent option for a side dish.
- vegetable oil;
water - 1 l;
- baking sheet.
- Wash and pat dry the tubers.
- Lubricate with oil.
- Sprinkle salt on top.
- Place on a baking sheet.
Bake at 200 ° C for about half an hour.
Modern kitchens, equipped with appliances, allow you to choose the most convenient way of cooking. The dish can be cooked not only on the stove, but also using a microwave, multicooker. Use punctures to check readiness, extend the cooking time if necessary.
- In a double boiler
- What you need:
- ... The steamer helps to preserve the "true" taste of vegetables and vitamins. It turns out a healthy and tasty preparation that can be used for cooking or as a side dish for fish and meat.
water - 1 l;
- double boiler;
- Wash the potatoes, prick with a fork in several places.
- Pour water into the steamer.
- Place the tubers in a bowl.
- Cook for 15-25 minutes according to the size of the potatoes.
Check readiness with a fork.
Transfer to a saucepan, cover with a towel.
Serve hot potatoes with butter and herbs. For ease of use, cut the tubers into four parts.
Useful properties of tubers
|Having learned how long to cook potatoes in their skins for salad, it remains to find out why this method of cooking is useful. "Tunic" gives some advantage over peeled potatoes. The table provides basic information about a vegetable cooked in its peel.||Table - Properties of jacket potatoes|
|Calorie content per 100 g, kcal||78|
|Vitamins||- C; - K; - group B|
- Potassium; - Calcium; - Magnesium; - Phosphorus; - Sodium; - Choline; - Selenium
Jacket tubers contain vitamin C and potassium. Despite the presence of starch, such potatoes are a dietary product that can be consumed in moderation without worrying about a slim figure.
Each cook chooses for himself how to cook potatoes in their uniforms. The main thing is to make sure that it is not overcooked. A bursting rind signals that the tubers should be removed from the heat. Check the doneness carefully without piercing the potatoes.
Hostess reviews I also never manage to cook it as well as carrots, I always digest it and it crumbles constantly. Therefore, now I cook it in the microwave: D put it in a uniform in a bag, close it and in the microwave for about 10 minutes, but who has what power, I open it and look if I add little more time. But then it is convenient to clean and everything is even, and much faster than cooking)
http://www.divomix.com/forum/kak-varit-kartoshku-v-mundire/ I also never manage to cook it as well as carrots, I always digest it and it crumbles constantly. Therefore, now I cook it in the microwave: D put it in a uniform in a bag, close it and in the microwave for about 10 minutes, but who has what power, I open it and look if I add little more time. But then it is convenient to clean and everything is even, and much faster than cooking)
And when cooking, I add salt, at the rate of 1 teaspoon per 3 liters of water. And I put the potatoes in boiling water. It is also better to pour water with a small margin so that the potatoes are completely covered. I also heard that you can add a couple of tablespoons of lemon juice to the water, before laying the potatoes. Optimum cooking time 35 minutes)
Lyuba, I also never manage to cook it as well as carrots, I always digest it and it crumbles constantly. Therefore, now I cook it in the microwave: D put it in a uniform in a bag, close it and in the microwave for about 10 minutes, but who has what power, I open it and look if I add little more time. But then it is convenient to clean and everything is even, and much faster than cooking)
Oh, how - easily! We take potatoes, wash them very well, then put them in water and cook. Well, all that is difficult) We check the degree of readiness with a fork. There are, of course, nuances, but I do them without thinking about them at all. For example, we take medium-sized potatoes themselves. And in general, everything is of the same size, otherwise one large, the other small will cook in different ways in time. Plus we take young potatoes, with a not too thick peel, with a thick peel, they are already old, tasteless and it is not very useful to cook them in their uniforms. Many are waiting for the water to boil, then they put potatoes there, but I put them directly into the cold one, I don't see the difference. The only thing is, I add salt in the middle of cooking, otherwise the salt will simply be absorbed into the peel and will not reach the potatoes themselves. Well, then, as it cooks, I send it immediately under cold water, like eggs, so that the peel is removed better. And I cook for 30-40 minutes, probably over medium heat.
Yulyashka, I cook potatoes in the microwave when I need to cook something quickly. Thoroughly wash three medium potatoes, pierce the peel with a knife, well, five times (just poke with a knife) and put in a plate in the microwave. 7-10 minutes will be enough. It becomes like baked. Remove the peel with a knife and add: mushrooms, sausages, different salads, different vegetables. You can grate the top with cheese while hot. In general, it turned out to be such a side dish. Very fast.
Properly cooked potatoes in uniforms are not only tasty, but also healthy, they improve metabolic processes, stabilize blood sugar levels, protect against infectious diseases and viruses, and have a positive effect on the functioning of the nervous system. We will consider the nuances of the recipe, knowing which, even novice cooks will get a delicious hearty dish. The whole process will take approximately 40 minutes. The peel retains vitamins and minerals in the pulp. But jacket potatoes are useful only when they do not contain a high concentration of solanine and nitrates, which accumulate under the skin. If you are not sure about the quality of root crops, it is better to peel and boil them without a "uniform".
Variety. Potatoes in salad dressing are prepared from varieties containing a minimum of starch so that the flesh does not crumble during cooking. For a regular dish, potatoes with a medium starch content are suitable, they are tastier. Too starchy (usually late) varieties are not recommended to use, since the pulp crumbles during cooking, as a result, the dish looks ugly.
Small and medium tubers are suitable for cooking in the peel. Large potatoes will take a long time to cook, and they don't always boil well inside. All potatoes should be approximately the same size and preferably of the same variety. If the potatoes are different, the small tubers must be pulled out of the water earlier so that they are not overcooked.
- Young jacket potatoes are often softer and do not need to be peeled. Old roots are tougher and must be peeled off. Soft sprouted or green potatoes are not suitable because they contain a lot of the harmful solanine substance that accumulates near the skin.
water - 2-3 liters (depending on the pan);
salt - 1 tablespoon in 2 liters of water.
Jacket boiled potato recipe
1. Put the washed potatoes of about a single size in a saucepan.
2. Fill the tubers with water (must completely cover the potatoes by at least 3-4 cm). Remember that boiling will evaporate some of the water. Do not allow the individual parts of the potatoes to be dry during the cooking process, otherwise they will become tasteless.
3. Add salt, which not only affects the taste, but also protects the potatoes from cracking and overcooking.
4. Bring the potatoes to a boil over high heat, reduce power, cover the pan with a lid.
How much to cook potatoes in uniforms depends on the size of the tubers: 20 minutes is enough for young small ones, medium and large potatoes will reach the desired condition in 30-45 minutes from the moment of boiling. Finished potatoes to the middle of the tuber should be easily pierced with a fork or knife. Try to check the readiness as few times as possible, with each new puncture, some of the nutrients are digested.
5. Remove the pot from the stove and drain the water, the tubers can be thrown in a colander for quick drying. If potatoes in uniforms are being prepared for salad, immediately pour cold water over the tubers for a couple of minutes, so that later it will be easier to peel them off. If it's a separate dish, just let it cool down. 6. Peel the potatoes and serve (young potatoes in their skins do not need to be peeled). The dish goes well with herring or sauces based on mayonnaise, vegetable oil and sour cream.
cooking potatoes in their uniforms on Kartofana.
Jacket boiled potatoes are used in a huge number of dishes! This is one of the recipes that every novice cook has to master. For those old kitchen wolves who have not thought about how to cook potatoes in their uniform for a couple of decades, I will not tell you anything new. Those lines that I write, I address, one might say, to myself - young. Well, and to all those who are now frantically looking on the Internet how much to cook potatoes in their uniforms.
My dears, unfortunately, I cannot give you an exact answer to this burning question either. Just because it doesn't exist. But I will at least explain what you need to pay attention to so that the potatoes cook without problems, do not crack and remain solid inside.
Are you still wondering how to boil those damn potatoes in those damn uniforms? Well then, read on. I will explain in many words, but, I hope, it is clear. I will explain everything that, unfortunately, no one has explained to me, but it makes the life of a novice culinary specialist a lot easier!
How much to cook potatoes in their skins depends on many factors, from the type of potato to the conditions in which it was stored and how long it was stored. I'm not talking about the stove and the pan! But the most important thing is the size of the potatoes.
Look at this photo, where I sorted the contents of one bag with shopping potatoes. I think it is absolutely obvious that the biggest - about twice the most little potatoes. So, cook them together is no case. Because with the same cooking time or small cracks, or the major will not be ready. Before starting cooking, they need to paint, and cook the potatoes of about the same caliber. I take a small one - half of the half-and-a-kilogram bag. If you have a dirty potato, then before starting cooking it should be dispersed.
Potatoes must be tried to place in a saucepan as an uniform layer. Pour water so that the potato is completely covered with it, and at the same time the water did not stand in the edge of the pan. Because otherwise the water will splash when boiling.
Potatoes in uniforms are boiled under the lid. Without the lid, it will be and boil longer, and cook. When to salt potatoes in the uniform? You know, for some recipes (for all in which it is puddled or pudded through the press) it is not necessary to solit it. Under salads or roasted potatoes - you need. Salted potatoes after boiling. Why is it solid? First, for taste, and secondly, so that it does not boil. Salted potatoes turns out more dense.
Now about the indicative time of cooking potatoes in the uniform.
Here are these petty, in one layer, a length of somewhere with a little finger and a little more, from an easily welded variety I will be 25 minutes after boiling on medium heat. Would be two layers - the total cooking time would increase, because such a number of water would boil longer, logical? But from the moment of boiling, I would coal them the same 25 minutes.
There would be very large potato, and not small - I would coal them up to 50 minutes from the moment of boiling.
There would be a variety not tall, it would have to boil longer than the brewing.
That is why it is impossible to say exactly how much cooking potatoes in the uniform. It depends on potatoes. And even from the pan and from the stove. With your potatoes, potatoes and stove you will have to deal with yourself, and do not listen to me with my "25 minutes for shallow"!
But then how to find out what potato is ready? It is pierced with a knife. Be sure to knife with a sharp tip, and not with rounded. And for this sample choose the largest potatoes. The knife should be poking deep, so much before the middle (it is especially important for very large potatoes), and it should be in boiled potatoes gently, smoothly, without tension. If the large potato is soft inside - it means, ready all potatoes.
After grabbing, potatoes in uniforms should be given to stand in hot water, but without a boiling, somewhere five to ten minutes. After that it is easier to clean it.
After draining the water potato, too, ideally, you need to give to stand and cool so that it can be in hand, without burning. Cooling potatoes can also half an hour. If you have no time so much - we can get it cold water.