Hello, dear readers. Walled diseases attack us at any time of the year, but specially dangerous periods are precisely spring and autumn. At this time, our immunity level is somewhat underestimated, due to seasonal avitaminosis. The children's body is especially vulnerable in these periods, since in the process of growth, the child's immune system has not yet been fully formed. This means that the baby immunity is not able to deal with the disease independently. But the body is still trying to fight, and the sign of this struggle is high temperature. Many parents are "stitching" their babies antipyretic means that are not always safe for their health.
Other parents are too careful about the use of drugs, therefore, to the latter, hope for the miraculous properties of folk remedies.
Well, it is impossible to completely refuse both techniques, so the best solution will be their combination. You can give a child a small dose of the antipyretic agent, and to reinforce his effect herbal decoction.
Let's figure it out how to quickly knock down a high temperature in a child, and what means it will be necessary for this.
What temperature you need to shoot down and why
At the very first symptoms of a cold, each caring mother runs in a pharmacy for various anti-frequency and antipyretic agents. She is trying to eliminate all the first symptoms before the appearance of the disease itself.
Of course, if the baby has a runny nose or throat pain, the means of local applications will help to cope with it. But another thing is when the child begins to rise. Here you should act extremely careful not to aggravate the situation.
The temperature of the child is 38.5 - 39, without cold symptoms - which causes may be.
Specialists assure that the temperature rise is a good sign at a cold. This means that the body is struggling with its own disease.
If the indicators of the thermowner barely exceeded the mark of 37 degrees, then this means only one thing - the body only began to fight the infection. But if the temperature continues to rise, then it is necessary to take something urgently.
What if the child has a high temperature? There are some rules that are important to adhere to at elevated temperatures.
High temperature rules
1. During the first two months of the child's life, the temperature needs to be shot down if it exceeds 38 degrees. Starting from two months, the temperature is knocked down if the thermometer shows more than 39 degrees.3. If earlier the child was observed seizures, the antipyretic means should be given even at a temperature of 37 degrees.
These rules are common, so it will be wiser to be repelled from the state of the child. If the thermometer mark barely reached 37 degrees, and the baby looks sluggish, and his well-being is only worsening, then you should not wait for further increase in the indicators.
How to quickly knock down a high temperature in a child with folk remedies
Such methods are considered completely safe, but this is not always the case. Incorrect use of folk remedies may result in serious consequences. In addition, despite its naturalness, folk remedies have their limitations in the application.
Before conducting procedures at home, consult a pediatrician. This is especially important when it comes to not only the health, but also the life of the child.
Among the folk agents of the antipyretic action, they allocate several most effective.
In this case, wiping is better carried out with simple purified water. Also allowed to add vinegar solution to water, which helps to remove heat.
It is necessary to wet a solution with a small piece of gauze, with which the procedure for wiping will be carried out. It is recommended to wipe the whole body, avoiding the heart area (when using acetic solution). But special attention should be paid to the area of the armpits, temples and neck.
Remember that the use of alcohol for wipes is prohibited if the body temperature is raised. Such a "procedure" can only aggravate the situation, significantly worsening the state of the child.
2. Compress from cabbage leaves
Such a procedure seems safe, it should not be abused either. If the disposable use of cabbage leaves did not bring any result, then other ways should be taste.
Take several leaf of white cabbage and placed them in boiling water for a couple of seconds. Next, you should knock off the pawned leaves with a special hammer in order to free the juice.
Apply the leaves to the body of the baby, again, avoiding the heart area.
If it is impossible to bring down the temperature by external influence on the body, you will have to resort to internal temperature decrease.
For this, it is necessary to dial water temperature in a medical pear and introduce it into the baby's renouncess.
In no case do not fill the enema too cold or hot water, because it may worsen the condition of the child.
4. Broth on the barley
First you should boil the glass of pearl cereals in purified water for five minutes. After the time, constricted the decoction, passing it through the sieve.
In the resulting liquid, dissolve a teaspoon of honey (in order to sweeten the pill) and give a child to drink a decoction.
5. Tea with Malina
Malina contains a large amount of vitamin C, which helps to strengthen the immune system. This will help speed up the process of combating ailment, and therefore reduce the temperature.
But using such a tool should also be careful, since the excess of the dosage of raspberry jam can lead to the development of an allergic reaction.
Therefore, in a cup of warm tea, you can dissolve only one teaspoon of jam. Please note that drinking should only be warm, but not hot.
6. Warm milk with honey
Both products relate to sufficiently active allergens, so before using them, you should make sure that the child does not have allergies on them.
Such a means is allowed to take kids from one year. It is important to use precisely warm milk, since the hot drink is prohibited by increasing the temperature.
In addition, when heated honey allocates poisonous substances that can harm health.
7. Herbal decoctions
For the preparation of the antipyretic beam, it is recommended to use linden inflorescences, rosehip fruits, as well as mother-and-stepmother leaves.
It is important to understand that the substances contained in these plants may be allergens, so it is necessary to use them with extreme caution.
For reinsurance, it is better to prepare a weak decoction and give it to a child in warm form.
You can cook a decoction of dried fruits, as well as tea from viburnum, which perfectly reduces the heat.
8. Cranberry Morse
The berry is famous for the high content of ascorbic acid, which is an important assistant in the process of recovery.
In order to prepare Morse, cranberry berries need to be loaded into a saucepan with water and send to a slow fire. It is necessary to take it precisely in warm form with the addition of lemon or honey.
9. Bathing in the bath
It is important to monitor the water temperature, which should be 37 degrees. Such baths help not only knock off the heat, but also facilitate the condition of the baby.
In addition, after this procedure, the child will sleep hard all night.
10. Mountain compress
As is known, mint gives a refreshing effect that will help slightly reduce the temperature. In addition, it has a sedative effect, which will allow the child to calm down a little.
First, prepare a mint decoction, and let him cool a few minutes.
Next, it is necessary to moisten the terry wipes in the cooked brave and applied to the forehead and temples.
It is important to understand that with increasing body temperature, treatment is prohibited by any warming means, whether by alcohol or hot drink. All this can lead to unforeseen consequences, so be careful.
How to reduce the temperature of the child with medicines - tablets, syrups
Many mothers are trying to avoid using drugs to reduce temperature, but sometimes it is simply necessary.
How many days the temperature is kept with an angina.
The reasons for increasing body temperature can be completely different, in connection with which it is not always possible to eliminate heat using one folk agents.
The kids can not always swallow the whole tablet, so most of the antipyretics are also produced in the form of syrups. Their feature is that the drug begins to act already in 20 minutes after the reception.
Also perfect alternative tablets are candles that have been operating already 40 minutes later. They are put in the event that the child due to nausea refuses to take syrup or pills.
To the most efficient, and, importantly, safe agents include two main types of antipyretic drugs.
Disposable reception of such a means reduces the temperature to the maximum one and a half degrees, and its action continues for four hours.
Minor dose excess will not create problems, but it is still worth using it only under the supervision of the doctor. It is best to use precipitated syrup, as it will reduce the temperature much faster.
Paracetamol has an antipyretic and painful effect, but it is absolutely powerless with inflammatory processes.
It will be most effective in viruses, but it is unlikely to overcome a bacterial infection. Therefore, if you do not help paracetamol, then urgently call the doctor.
The drug has enough analogues, combined one by the main component:
- Panadol. Produced in the form of tablets, syrup and candles. Reception of the drug can be started from three months; - Efferelgang. The sirop form is allowed to give kids from one month. It can be diluted with milk, water or juice; - Calpol. The suspension is recommended to receive children from three months. You can drink water, but not dilute.
Unlike paracetamol, this drug has an anti-inflammatory effect, which not only helps to reduce the temperature, but also to overcome the causative agent of the disease.
It will be equally effective, both in viral and with bacterial infections.
Ibuprofen has several analogues, among which it is distinguished:
- Nurofen. The suspension is allowed to give children from three years, and the dosage will depend on the age and weight of the baby. Candles can be used from three months to two years; - Ibufen (suspension) You can take children from one year. The tool is strong enough, therefore it is assigned at particularly high temperatures.
In this case, self-treatment is quite dangerous, since the children's body is particularly sensitive to drugs. Therefore, it is better to contact the pediatrician, which will put an accurate diagnosis and prescribe the right treatment.
Causes of increasing temperature in a child
Not always, the heat appears only because of the colds, as we used to think. The reason for this is the inflammatory process, which occurs in the body.
It can be seasonal allergies, and maybe poisoning by non-freight products. Therefore, high temperature is not always accompanied by symptoms.
Eliminate such main reasons for the appearance of heat in kids:
- viral and bacterial diseases;
- pathology of the organs of the endocrine system;
- overheating in the sun;
- Reaction to the introduction of antibiotics into the body.
Whatever was the reason for such a symptom, it is necessary to do everything to eliminate it in a short time. At the same time, it is important to establish the reason so that the disease can be started.
If your baby has sharply raised the temperature, and only continues to grow, then it is necessary to bring it down as quickly as possible. In this case, with the help of some folk remedies, it is difficult to cope, so the treatment will include also medication drugs.
Instead of independently draw up a course of treatment for your child, better contact your doctor for help. The competent specialist will be able to quickly make the correct diagnosis, and immediately begin treatment.
It will be much more efficient than your attempts to unsuccessful treatment. In addition, such a "treatment" can harm the health of the child than the risks cannot be risked.
What if the child rose the temperature? This question is sooner or later, every parent is concerned about the health status of the baby. That's just not all moms and dads know which temperature you can and knock down. So, for example, in newborns and cuttings until the year, the indicator up to 37.5-38 degrees, which for us, adults is considered elevated, is the norm. Child a month - the temperature appeared? Reduce it only if it rises above 38-38.5.
As for more adult karapusov, for them this "threshold" - 39-39.5. In the event that the thermometer shows a smaller temperature, it is not worth a knocking down. Remember that elevated temperature in a child is a great opportunity for the body yourself to overcome the infection. Give the baby the opportunity to increase your immunity!
How to reduce the temperature of the child?
And now let's talk about medicines that must be in your first aid kit in the event that the baby will grow in the family. So, pediatricians are forbidden to use for these drugs such as:
Crook can only be given such drugs, which include paracetamol or ibuprofen. Even if the temperature has a child without symptoms, they need to competently calculate the baby in weight and measure using a special syringe or a measuring spoon. You should not use ordinary teaspoons for these purposes, but about the concept of "peephole" is better forget.
How to bring down the temperature in a child?
Doctors advise only one preparation from the above - with paracetamol or ibuprofen in the composition. In the event that the temperature decreases badly or is not knocked down at all, such medications can be alternating. But to give the baby the combined drug - Ibuklin - it is impossible.
Note that it is not necessary to reduce the temperature to the norm at all. It is enough just to knock her down a little to ensure that the kid at least a little improved. Do not forget and draw the cappos, because in the case of a high temperature increases the loss of liquid. Pediatricians claim that the crumb need to drink 100 ml of water per 1 kg of weight.
What if the baby fell ill with windmill?
Your child picked up a wind oil? Of course, this acute viral disease can also cause high temperature. How to act in this case?
The most important thing is to choose the antipyretic agent for the baby. Never use nurofen. To combat high temperatures during the windmill, drugs are suitable, which contains paracetamol.
How to be if a child has a fever?
Does your baby started a fever? Then it is impossible to slow - you need to urgently contact the doctor. Especially in the event that it is accompanied by:
- tension of the occipital muscles;
- Poles in the stomach;
But you should not fall into a panic: fever is typical for most banal viral respiratory infections and high temperatures - about 40 degrees. Thus, our body is responsible for infection. The pediatrician will simply examine the child and pick up the right treatment for him, taking into account the severity of the disease.
What temperature do you need to shoot down in a child with influenza and ORVI?
High temperature causes a children's body to include a protective function. In this case, a general deterioration may be observed in the form of ailment and headaches. The child becomes sluggish and plaque, which brings a lot of concern to parents. Before bringing down a high temperature in a child, you need to clarify the significant nuances.
A minor increase in temperature indicators does not lead to serious consequences and does not require making any measures. Parents need to have reliable information about what temperature should fall. Wrong actions can cause imminent immunity. The risk of developing possible complications and the disease can acquire a protracted flow.
Cases when need to shoot down the temperature in children:
37.2-37.9 ° C (subfebrile) - you need to knock down a newborn to 2 months of age in the presence of testimony;
38.0-38.9 ° C (febrile) - It is necessary to give antipyretic in all cases;
Over 41.0 ° C (hyperthermic) - you need to call an ambulance if the drugs do not lower the indicators on the thermometer.
It is necessary to cause an emergency in the appearance of feverish spasms - this is the intolerance to high temperature, the individual feature of the children's body. This state is usually not found in children over 6 years (subject to the absence of pathologies from the central nervous system).
Chronic or acute diseases in cardiology, neurology or pulmonary disease require a temperature knocking in children if the indicators are above 38 ° C. Otherwise, complications from the heart, nervous system and respiratory system are not excluded.
If there are difficulties with a decrease in temperature, you should urgently apply for medical care. If the thermometer barely reached 37 ° C, and the child looks sluggish, and his well-being is only worsening, you should not expect further increasing indicators on the thermometer.
How to reduce the temperature at home?
Effective folk ways, how to bring down the temperature without drugs in children:
Cranberry berries drink - a unique coogent, lowering heat. The berry is useful in the content of vitamins, speeds up the removal of decay products.
Chamomile tea is an excellent anti-inflammatory agent. For the preparation of infusion tablespoon, chamomile should pour a glass of boiling water, let it stand for 2 hours, drink up to 5 times a day.
Broth of elderberry - effectively helps reduce the temperature. It is enough to take 50 g of eases and pour it with boiling water (200 ml).
Linden tea - gives an excellent result when used with honey. The child will sweather abundantly, which will reduce body temperature, due to evaporation of excess moisture from the skin.
You can wipe the baby's body with a terry towel, moistened with water temperature. Helps applying ice heating in places of large vessels. Also recommended wrapping into a wet towel or sheet.
Before bringing down the temperature at home to the child with medicines, it is necessary to carefully examine the instructions for use. Classic drugs can be bought in pharmacies, pick up the dosage and shape that needs and select the optimal variant depending on age and indications.
Crook can only be given those preparations that contain paracetamol or ibuprofen. Paracetamol is contained in Panadol and Cefecone, ibuprofen - in Nurofen and Ibufen. For kids, these products are available in the form of a syrup, which, unlike tablets, has a sweet taste, and it is more convenient to dose.
Standard antipyretic drugs:
"Panadol". It is permissible to use for babies. The drug is shown in colds, teething, otitis, cough and other infections. Prescribe children aged 3 months and older in individual dosage.
Effergangan. It is used as an anesthetic and antipyretic agent. Rectal candles can be used to eliminate heat in babies aged 3 months and older. Unlike drugs taken orally, it does not cause vomiting and does not affect the gastrointestinal tract.
"Ibufen". Poses painkillers and antipyretic properties. In childhood, this drug is used in a dosage calculated depending on the weight and age of the child.
"Paracetamol". Effective antipyretic and painful agent. It can be alternating with ibuprofen. If you are presented, you can use suppositories (candles).
"Cefecon D". Produced in the form of suppositories, recommended for use from 3 months to 12 years. Important advantages of the drug are its low cost and versatility. In addition to reducing the temperature, an anti-inflammatory and painkillers have an anti-inflammatory effect.
The children's body can react to different medications in different ways, so it should be experimenting in practice, determining a more effective means based on the Pediatrician Recommendation.
When taking drugs, a number of rules should be observed:
1. It is impossible to give several drugs at the same time.
2. Preparations can be alternating, but the interval between drug intake should be 2-3 hours.
3. Dosing syrups is recommended by a measurable spoon or a syringe that are included.
4. If a child is sick 1 year and younger, then it is recommended to use suppositories. Older children easily take pills and capsules. Without the recommendation of the doctor, antipyretic drugs can be prescribed to children no longer than 3 days in a row and no more than 4 times a day.
5. Parents should understand that high body temperature is just a symptom indicating a specific disease. The reception of the antipyretic funds is not treatment, it is only necessary to facilitate the condition of the child before the arrival of the doctor.
What can not be given to children?
Reduce the temperature to the child is not difficult - today there are many drugs that shoot a fever in a short time. But it is pre-consult with a qualified pediatrician, because Self-medication can affect the health of the baby.
If the indicators do not exceed 38.5 ° C, it is not worth the temperature, because The body independently produces antibodies that contribute to the destruction of viruses - so to say it is struggling with infection.
Medicines that are not recommended for children:
amidopin, antipirine and fenacetin (many side effects);
acetylsalicylic acid (reduce the amount of platelets, causing bleeding, allergic reactions, etc.);
Analgin and other preparations containing sodium metamizole as an active substance (there are side effects, such as suppression of blood formation, severe allergic reactions, etc.).
These drugs are not recommended to use without the recommendations of the doctor. When you need to shoot down the temperature, give preference to another drug.
Do I need to shoot down the child's temperature to 36.6?
If after using the antipyretic, the indicators have decreased by 0.5 ° C for an hour, which means the normal course of the process. Should not be achieved immediately reach 36.6 ° C. This can cause serious overload of the children's body, which is fraught with a deterioration of general well-being.
The ideal indicator will be the temperature of 37-37.5 degrees. After some time, a jump can be observed again. This is due to the fact that the active component of the medication is excreted from the body and ceases to effect. If after receiving the drug passed several hours, you can give the child another dose. It is very important to observe the time intervals between the techniques and monitor the temperature indicators.
In case of effective struggle of immunity with pathogenic microbes and, with a competent approach to treatment, recovery, as a rule, is 3-5 days.
How to help the body of a child deal with infection?
Regardless of compliance with the recommendations on what temperature to shoot down in children, it is necessary to take care of creating the necessary conditions for the patient. All family members should improve the quality of personal hygiene: wash hands, wear disposable gauze bandages, etc. You also need to highlight the child individual cutlery and dishes.
Recommendations for speedy recovery:
1. The sick child must comply with bed regime.
2. It is necessary to air the room in which the baby is located (the influenza virus and other microorganisms are concentrated in the fox air).
3. You should take care of the humidification of the air (while the mucous membranes of the nose and the larynx do not dry; it improves local immunity and contributes to improved well-being).
4. It is necessary to provide abundant drinking (through the kidneys are derived from the decay of viruses, which reduces the burden on the body).
5. Clothes in the kid should be light, better from natural fabrics.
6. It is considered a normal lack of appetite in the kid. Spices, citrus, dairy products should be avoided, which can cause irritation of the gastric mucosa. Hot bath at high temperatures is not the most pleasant feeling, but cool (not cold) water can help normalize indicators.
7. It is recommended to use a bath together with antipyretic agents, not instead of them. Some relief can also be obtained by attaching a cool compress to the forehead.
When do you need to quickly consult a doctor?
During fever, breathing is surrounded, the child arises oxygen starvation. Excessive sweating deprives the organism of the required amount of fluid. As a result, blood becomes curly, which disrupts the blood supply to the internal organs. In addition, the effectiveness of drugs is reduced by drying the mucous membranes.
The behavior of the child is changing, the mood is worsening. Children with nervous disorders or under 6 years of age are threatened with feverish convulsions. With a sharp increase in the temperature, there is an overheating of the body, accompanied by the development of hyperthermia syndrome.
Contact the specialist is necessary in the following cases:
On the thermometer, the mark exceeds 39-39.5 ° C;
Temperate child under the age of 3 months;
Fever keeps more than 4 days;
On the body, the patient appeared rash;
> there is a strong headache;
There appears stiffness of the muscles of the neck;
There is nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
High temperature is dangerous for the child's body. The result of the absence of proper measures may be a violation of the immune system and blood flow, as well as the change in blood coagulation indicators. Hypertermia threatens the development of nervous system disorders, violation of the functions of all internal organs. Therefore, when the heat appears, a small child must immediately take action.
With increasing temperature in the child, write to the reception to a pediatrician having a large practical experience in the clinic "Child". A competent specialist will examine the patient and, if necessary, prescribe a survey to determine the true cause of temperature increase.
The doctor also tells how to reduce the temperature of the child without harm to health. We offer to use the Pediatrician online advice service if there is no possibility to appear in the clinic.
The reason for increasing the temperature in a child with a cold properly measuring the temperature temperature should be incremented to reduce the temperature of the temperature in a child for children to reduce the temperature in a child of what cases a doctor is needed
Walled diseases in children, in addition to the inflamed throat and a cold, are almost always accompanied by an increase in body temperature. This is a natural protective reaction of the body, indicating that the immune system began to deal with pathogenic microorganisms - viruses and bacteria 1.5 . If the baby is colded, a question arises before the parent, to shoot down the child with a temperature. To make a right decision, it is important to deal with the causes of fever and closely monitor the well-being of a small patient.
The reason for increasing the temperature in a child with a cold
When infection falls into the child's body, immunity is activated. The development of the inflammatory response and an increase in body temperature is ways to combat the cold with microorganisms. As a result of the work of the immune system, special biological substances are highlighted, some of which affect the temperature centers in the brain 1. This is how the protective mechanisms of temperature increase are launched in the body. The heat and cheating of the pulse are also associated with a decrease in sweating and acceleration of metabolism. In children, the temperature can rise above 38 ° C very quickly. In some cases, the brain cortex does not have time to adapt to the changes occurring in the body, which provokes the appearance of febrile convulsions 1.5 . That is why high temperatures for kids are recommended to shoot down in a timely manner.
Top to content
How to measure temperature
If you have a suspicion that a child has a heat, measure the temperature in the most convenient way - in the axillary cavity or groin fold 3,4. . If you use a mercury thermometer, shook it to 36 ° C or lower. Before starting the measurement, wipe the skin in the area of groin or under the mouse. If the child is over-excited, crying or scared, first let him calm down. Take the baby on your knees, put a degree in the armpit in such a way that its tip is completely in the folds of the skin. When measuring in groin, first put the patient on the barrel, do not cover it with a warm blanket - it can lead to an increase in temperature. Press your hand limb (hand or leg) baby to the body. After 10 minutes, remove the thermometer and write the measurement results.
Top to content
What temperature should be shot down
To knock down the high temperature in the child's first two months of life, if the thermometer mark reached 38 ° C 3.6. . Senior children with relatively normal well-being reduced the temperature at 39-39.5 ° C 3.6. . If the baby previously happened convulsions, the antipyretic should be given already at 37.5 ° C. Before you quickly knock down a high temperature in a child at home, appreciate the patient's condition. If the kid feels bad and heavily transfers fever, you should not wait for the thermometer mark 38 ° C 3. In this case, it is advisable to facilitate the patient's condition, making the antipyretic.
Top to content
Ways to reduce the temperature of the child
Creating an optimal microclimate. If a child has a temperature and runny nose, it is important to provide coolness in the children's room (18-20 ° C) and optimal humidity (50-60%) 1. Carry the room and launch the patient to bed. Cooking the baby is dangerous: it can quickly lead to overheating and thermal impact. If the child does not shine, it is easy to put it, do not cover with tight blankets.
Abundant drink. At high temperature, the body strongly loses fluid through the skin 1,3. . Baby need to apply as much as possible to the chest or water with water from a children's bottle. An older child can offer warm tea, cranberry Morse or any other drink that the baby will agree to drink. If you want to bring down the temperature in the child, it is better to water fractional and small portions: for some teaspoons every 10 minutes. A large dose of liquid can cause vomiting. If the thermometer's mark has reached 38 ° C, you can use hot drink preparation powders, such as rhinzasip ®for children. Such drugs at the same time satisfy the need of the body in the liquid and allow to reduce heat due to the action of active components 7.
Physical cooling methods. Various ways of cooling the body apply only if the heat in the baby is not accompanied by a spasm of vessels (limbs not pale and not cold). Help bring down the temperature in a child wiping cool or slightly warm water 2,4,5 . The baby can be carefully wiped with a napkin moistened with a napkin, feet, knee and elbow bends, inguinal folds. It is important that during the procedure a small patient is not frozen, it can again lead to an increase in temperature, progression of a cold, etc.
The use of antipyretic means. One of the safest and well-studied drugs to reduce the temperature in childhood is paracetamol. 4,5,6 . It can be used in the form of candles, tablets, syrups or powder for making hot drinks (for example, rhinzasip ®for children). To knock down the child with a temperature of 39 ° C for 3-4 hours, it is important to correctly calculate the dosage of paracetamol. Always follow the instructions for the preparation used. Usually, the dose of 15 mg of paracetamol is recommended for one-time reception to each kilogram of the child's weight. For a longer effect, for example, if you need to reduce the high temperature overnight, it is permissible to increase the one-time dose to 20 mg / kg. To reduce heat in children, drugs based on acetylsalicylic acid are not used 1,2,3,5 and funds from a group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs due to the high risk of side effects.
- Tea with raspberries. Acetylsalicylic acid in raspberries and caffeine in black sheet tea sometimes contribute to improving well-being at high temperature and cold in adults. However, it is not recommended for children such a drink, since side effects due to inaccurate calculation of the dosage of active substances and the risk of allergy develops exceed possible benefits. In addition, in hot water, Malina loses almost all useful properties.
- Herbrails. In folk recipes, it is proposed to be used to reduce the temperature in children decoctions from the inflorescences of the linden, rosehip fruits, and colts-stepmother sheets. It is important to remember that the substances contained in these and other plants may be allergens. None of the folk remedies have proven its effectiveness in clinical trials.
- Hot milk with honey. Both of these products can cause an allergic reaction. The kids under the year the use of honey in any form is not recommended. When dissolved in hot milk, tea or any other drink, honey under the influence of high temperatures loses part of its useful properties.
Top to content
RINZASIP® for children to reduce the child's temperature
Rinzasip ®For children, you can apply to bring down at home the temperature of the child over 6 years 7. This modern antipyretic drug contains active substances in the dosage designed to take into account children's age. The tool helps to treat the temperature and runny nose in the child, at the same time contributing to the reduction of heat and the relief of nasal respiration. Rinzasip ®For children can be used to facilitate the state of the kid after consulting a pediatrician 7.
Top to content
In what cases do you need a doctor consultation
Treat any cold illness in the child, accompanied by heat and runny nose, is recommended under observation and in accordance with the recommendations of the doctor 1. Actually call the pediatrician house is necessary in the following cases:
- Increased temperature is accompanied by vomiting, diarrhea, the appearance of rash;
- At temperature, the kid several hours refuses drinking;
- Temperature above 38 ° C holds more than three days;
- The child appears convulsions, disturbances;
- The kid has chronic diseases (kidneys, hearts, etc.).
Top to content
The information in this article is referenced and does not replace the professional consultation of the doctor. For the diagnosis and treatment of treatment, refer to a qualified specialist.
- VMDeugin. Fever (new strokes in ancient picture). / Consilium Medicum. Pediatrics. (Ad.) 2018; №2: s. 89-93.
- ON THE. Cow. Gorodet in the diversity of the causes and complexity of the solution. / ON THE. Korovina, I.N. Zakharov // Medical Council. №2 2013; with. 82-90.
- I.N. Zakharov. Fever in children: from symptom to the diagnosis / I.N. Zakharova, A.L. Plates // Medical Council. №1, 2017; from 212-218.
- VMDeugin. Fever as a starting point in the diagnostic search. The choice of the antipyretic drug. Consilium Medicum. Pediatrics. (Ad.) 2015; 01: s. 80-85.
- Delyagin V. M. Fever. The diversity of the reasons and the complexity of the decision on the pediatric. №1 2013, p. 80-83.
- I.N. Zakharov. Fever in children: diagnostic significance, criteria, doctor's tactics. How to appoint antipyrtic? / I.N. Zakharova, A.N. SHAVTINOVA // Medical Council. №2 2018, p. 206-210.
- Instructions for the use of Rinzasip® preparation with vitamin C. Registration number: LS-002579.
Each person faced the temperature lift. Worst when the temperature grows in a child. And already in the small and for the first time in life ... a little easier (but still scary), if this happens in the bright time of the day, and in the mobile "scored" number of your favorite pediatrician. And if night? I went to bed healthy - and suddenly "burning". Correct Woot dad? Woot a child? Woot a doctor? Go to bed further? To shoot down the temperature? In principle, all options are acceptable, the main thing is, to understand when which apply. Let's try to figure together with Pediatrician kinderklinik Anna Gilenko:
High temperature 38 and higher: a friend or enemy?
Increased body temperature in infectious disease is a protective reaction of the body. The perfect antiviral remedy is interferon - synthesized in our body in conditions of an increased body. Therefore, it is not always worth a hurry to shoot down the temperature.
- the body temperature is considered normal within 36.5-37.5 ° C
- Throughout the day, the body temperature in a healthy person varies between 0.5-1 ° C (usually in the morning below, in the evening - above).
- The body temperature depends on the measurement site (the axillary region ~ 36.5 ° C, rectally ~ 37.5 ° C, in the mouth ~ 36.8 ° C, in ear ~ 36.2 ° C). In the article (if there are no separate instructions) we are talking about the body temperature measured in the axillary region
Ring the temperature above 38 or not?
The desire of parents to knock down the heat - completely natural. But in the conditions of high temperature, the body struggles with infections. When to help, and when not to interfere?
Each child transfers the temperature rise in different ways. Some children are "running around the ceiling" at 39 degrees, and someone and at 37.5 feels bad. First of all, you need to pay attention to the condition of the child, and not on the thermometer indicators.
For most situations, tactics are the same: if the child is active, it feels satisfactory, it's good, the body temperature up to 38.5-39 ° C is not necessary (the exception is children under 3 months of life - for them, the actions to reduce the temperature begin with t 38 ° and higher).
So just sit and wait? How can I help the baby?
Recommendations of Kinderklinik doctors:
- Do not forget to actively want a child. Drink should be given in small volumes so as not to provoke vomiting.
- faster and better leaving fluid, the temperature of which is approximately equal to the body temperature (35-40 °)
- If your baby is on breastfeeding - continue to apply it to your chest, water can be offered in breaks between feedings.
- Do not offer a previously unknown fluid child: even an experienced pediatrician is hard to distinguish an allergic reaction to Kalina-Malina from viral rash.
- If the child does not want to eat, do not force it. Treat the baby with his favorite dish.
- Encourage the "quiet" activity: board games, reading, but do not force the child to lie in bed.
- Measure the temperature regularly (and at night too) - approximately every 2-3 hours.
Check your baby's condition in a dream.
- If the condition of the baby is broken (capricious, sluggish, complains of headache, pain in the muscles), and the temperature approaches 40 °, you should have a clear plan of action in the head, and a set of desired medicines.
What to shoot down the temperature above 38 in the child?
Paracetamol (Effergangan, Panadol, Tylenol, Acetaminophen) and Ibuprofen (Nurofen, Bofen, Ibuprom, Bruphen) - Look at the image.
Of course, the list of drugs is not exhaustive. There are other suggestions on the medicine market.
* To calculate the amount of syrup (in ml) for the standard dosage of ibuprofen (100mg / 5ml), you can share a child (in kg) to divide by 2. (10kg - 5ml, 13 kg - 6.5 ml, etc.)
Safety: - Always carefully read the instructions for medicines. - Milligrams (mg) are not equal to milliliters (ml) - make sure that the box is exactly the medicine, and the shelf life of the drug did not end - do not give a child a medicine if an acute allergic reaction was previously fixed (urticaria, swelling).
- to give aspirin to children up to 18 years old (this can cause the Syndrome of Reia - acute defeat of the brain, liver and kidney). - Giving a child any other drugs (except those voiced above) without consulting pre-with a doctor. - Wipe with alcohol, vinegar, cold water or planting an ice bath.
- What effect to expect? Do not wait for the temperature to fall to 36.6 ° C. Even a decrease of 1 ° (for example, from 39.3 ° to 38.3 °) is a good result.
- When should the temperature decrease? No drug is valid instantly. Usually after taking medication through the mouth or putting it in the candlelight, the temperature begins to decline in 30-40 minutes, and the maximum effect can be achieved after 2 hours.
- How often measure temperature? Clear recommendations for temperature measurement frequency does not exist. Focus on the well-being of the baby. And do not forget to control the temperature in a dream.
- And if the temperature does not fall? If the body temperature has not decreased at all over 2 hours (or continues to grow), contact your pediatrician.
- How to alternate drugs? Between the first and second intake of ibuprofen, at least 6 hours, paracetamol - at least 4x. It is not recommended to give these drugs at the same time.
- Syrup or candles? If a child has vomiting - to reliably put a candle. If diarrhea - use syrup. In general, consider your baby's preferences.
- What if the child snapped the syrup or the candle immediately came out? If this happened right away, try to give a drug in a different form (syrup instead of a candle, for example), but if some time passed, it is worth measuring the body temperature (perhaps part of the drug managed to act, and the temperature has already started decline). In the absence of effect - give the antipyretic again using another active ingredient.
- Does the cleansing enema need before setting the candle? No.
- Warm or undress? If at a temperature of the child is hot, it is necessary to split it (small children - to remove the diaper), you can wipe the warm (!) Water (!) (Bath or shower are allowed). If at temperatures the child is pale, its shiny, and the hands-legs are cold, physical cooling methods (wiping, etc.) are prohibited. Silge baby, give more warm drinking.
- cramps?! Put on the side, ensure the access of oxygen, unzipped with shocking clothes, free up the respiratory tract from the vomit, call ambulance.
Call an ambulance immediately if a child has at high temperatures:
- Consciousness is broken (answers the questions of the nefple, does not respond to appeal, it is impossible to wake up) - cramps - strong headache and / or vomiting - rash, not disappearing when pressing, in the form of "bruises", "stars" - a long cry or crying: Piercing (on one note) or very quiet, weak (moaning) - sputters big spring - the gait (lame, falls) - there is a blue of lips, nails, skin, tongue - breathing difficult (breathing very often, the chest is strongly drawn by breathing The child, as it were, "helps" to breathe shoulders, chest muscles) - severe abdominal pain - the body temperature in a child under 3 months exceeded 38 degrees.
Consult the pediatrician soon if:
- In a child 3-6 months, the body temperature of 38.5 ° C and higher or an increase in temperature is marked more than a day - the child has 6-24 months the body temperature is 39.5 ° and higher or an increase in temperature is marked more than a day - in a child of any age body temperature 40 ° C and higher - a child over 2 years old temperatures for more than 3 days - a re-increasing body temperature has been recorded after several days of normal temperature - the child has a repeated vomiting, a strong diarrhea - there are signs of dehydration (severe thirst, it is rare and urine concentrated, dry lips and Language, crying without tears, Large springs smeared) - rash, which appeared at a temperature - there are complaints of pain or rash around the joints, pain in the throat, muscle pain, pain when urination.
Be healthy and remember - self-medication can be harmful to your health!
Be sure to consult your doctor before using medicines!
Before use of medications, carefully read the instructions!
What body temperature is considered increased?
To begin with, it is worth determining normal indicators. The body temperature is considered elevated if it:
- Above 37.2 ° C in the axillary depression and on the skin of the head
- Above 37.8 ° C in oral cavity
- Above 38 ° C in the rectum and ear sink.
Todders up to the year the norm will be considered a higher digit - up to 37.4 ° C in the armpit.
But! For a period of a pandemic of coronavirus infection, these temperature indicators can be considered one of the symptoms of COVID-19. To eliminate this infection, a full-time doctor consultation is required.
What thermometer is better to use for temperature measurement? Is there any difference?
There are three types of thermometers used to measure body temperature in a child:
- Mercury is the most common thermometer. Plus it is that such a device measures the temperature more accurately. Minus - in fragility. This is the least preferred method of measuring temperature in children. Mercury thermometer is easy to smash. Baby can be bored with fragments. And mercury is dangerous for health;
- Electronic is a simple modern and convenient thermometer. It is it preferred for children. The minus can be its accuracy. Before using the appointment device, you should compare its readings with the readings of a mercury thermometer. Conduct several measurements with both devices in a healthy, adult family member. If the testimony diverges no more than 0.1 ° C, then such a thermometer can be put in a home first-aid kit;
- Infrared - plus such a thermometer in the fact that it is more accurately electronic. Quickly measures the temperature. It is not necessary to keep it for a long time, but only it is enough to attach to the skin for a few seconds. It is very convenient for kids. And also for older kids when it is required to measure the temperature in a dream. Minus price is the most expensive option. Infrared thermometers are different. Some must be pressed to the skin, others measure the temperature at a certain distance from the surface. In such thermometers there are nozzles for measuring the temperature in the ear, in the oral cavity, in the rectum.
For measurement accuracy, it is important to properly use the thermometer. Mercury thermometer must be tightly pressed to the skin. It must be kept while the mercury column will not stop climbing. Electronic thermometers usually have a sound end of the measurement. It is necessary to wait for it.
What are the reasons for high temperatures from the kid?
There are causes of increasing body temperature that are not related to the disease.
1. The kids are up to a year due to the imperfection of thermoregulation, an increase in body temperature may occur as a response to high ambient temperature. The vegetative nervous system in the kids is not formed finally, the sweating is not completely, their body can not so well and quickly adapt to environmental conditions as in adults. In the summer, the reason is hot weather. In winter - excessive amounts of clothing.
To prevent the toddler overheating, you need:
- Monitor drinking mode. In hot weather, it is recommended to shift the children with boiled water;
- Walk in the morning or evening. In the heat limit the stay of the baby on the street;
- Avoid the open sun. Walk in the shade of buildings and trees;
- Dress down the weather. Do not wrap a baby in winter too much. In the heat to wear clothes from natural breathable fabrics with one layer. As much as possible to close the open areas of the body to avoid sunburn. Do not forget about hats. Choose a light color for them;
- try, if possible, avoid or reduce travel time with a child in transport;
- For older children, it is quite possible to organize water procedures in the fresh air.
2. Increased temperature in the baby may occur as a reaction to the vaccination. Usually this increase is short-lived - one or two days. Indicators on a thermometer, at the same time, do not reach too high numbers - up to 38.5 ° C. There is nothing terrible in such a reaction to vaccination. On the contrary, it may say that a strong immunity is formed at the kid.
Usually, such a state does not require any special actions from parents. Just care and drink. If at the same time the child is observed poor well-being - the temperature can be knocked down as well as with any other state. If the temperature rise has been dragged for a long time, the numbers on the thermometer are too high or other complaints have appeared - a pediatrician consultation is necessary.
3. Sometimes the temperature increase in the child is associated with a violation of the nervous system. At the same time, the temperature remains for a long time, does not reach high numbers and does not affect the overall health of the child. The reason for such an increase in temperature is injuries or transferred brain infections. For example: concussion, brain bruises, meningitis or encephalitis. This condition requires appeal to pediatrician and neurologist, additional examination and specific treatment.
4. The most common cause of high temperatures in the baby is infection. We will talk about it more.
Why during illness increases temperature?
It must be remembered that the high temperature in infection is a protective mechanism. In response to the injection of the virus or bacteria into the blood, the cells of our body begin to produce pyrogens (substances causing an increase in body temperature, fever). They stimulate certain nervous system departments responsible for thermoregulation. The nerve endings of these departments give vessels a signal to cut. So the body maintains the existing heat. Therefore, the temperature of the child looks pale.
At this time, muscle tissues receive a signal for active work. This allows the body to produce a greater amount of heat. Therefore, the baby is znobit. When the temperature reaches the optimal level, according to our nervous system, the body gives the command to expand the vessels. The skin of the child is blushing, shivering stops, sweating begins. It happens at about 38.5 - 39 ° C. Why exactly with such numbers?
First, at such a temperature, mediators of inflammation are produced, which in our body are fighting infection.
Secondly, the high temperature prevents the reproduction of bacteria. It turns out that the high temperature is not completely scary, but it is very useful during infection. If the child moves well an increased temperature - you can not hurry to knock down, and give the immune system to compete with the disease.
When do you need to "shoot down" a high temperature in a child?
1. If the child feels bad, you should not try to keep the high temperature with all the might. When the kid climbs, it cannot fall asleep, complains of headache, loking in the body, then the temperature can be confused. Moreover, in different situations and different children, such a state can be at different indicators on a thermometer.
2. There is a conditional criterion that the temperature below 38.5 ° C should not be reduced, and the temperature above this value must necessarily "knock down". In fact this is not true. Some kids do not bear the temperature of 37.5 ° C. Others, quite, feel safely at 39 ° C. Not so rarely, I meet small patients who calmly play at 38.5 ° C and higher.
3. If the kid has chronic diseases. For example: heart disease, metabolic disorders, neurological diseases. In such cases, there is a risk that the increase in temperature will worsen the flow of chronic disease. Such children recommend "shoot down" temperatures above 38 - 38.5 ° C.
4. The babies up to 3 months of age are not recommended to wait until the temperature rises above 38 - 38.5 ° C.
5. If a child earlier had febrile convulsions (a convulsive attack that appears in a child only at high temperatures). Meet such a patient at the reception at the pediatrician - not uncommon. Usually this state is benign - with age passes itself, without any treatment. Such children are recommended to reduce the temperature at 38 ° C. Numerous clinical studies have proven that such children are prophylactically taking antipyretic (i.e., before the temperature began to rise), repeating their reception regularly, regardless of the numbers on the thermometer - is not effective. In the same way as treating such babies with antiepileptic drugs.
6. In case the temperature is above 41 ° C. It is this temperature that is considered critical and dangerous for the internal bodies of the baby. In case of banal infections, such numbers are rare.
How to "knock down" high temperature?
- Starting stands with wipe off the water slightly warmer room temperature. In emergency cases, at very high numbers, you should not be afraid of a cool soul. Wipe children with alcohol solutions or vinegar is not categorically recommended. The surface of the child's skin absorbs substances to a much greater degree than an adult. Processing the skin in this way, you can cause poisoning.
- The baby should be enough. Moisture deficiency in the body reduces sweating. So, the body cannot fully give heat and overheats.
- The room of a pool child should be cool - optimally not higher than 21 ° C. Otherwise, the body will not fully be able to give heat.
- Do not bite the ill child. If the baby is znobit - this does not mean that he is cold. It is not necessary to cover it with a thick blanket and wear a lot of layers of warm clothes.
In the event that physical cooling methods were not fairly effective. It makes sense to proceed to the use of antipyretic.
How to apply antipyretic drugs in children?
It should be clarified that the antipyretic drugs in children are used only with the existing high temperature. Course reception to prevent the increase in body temperature, for example, 3 or 4 times a day has no meaning. There are many shopping titles and dosage forms adapted for reception by children:
- Todders up to a year is more suitable antipyretic in the form of candles. It must be remembered that the effect of drugs in this form comes a little later than the drugs that are used orally;
- For children, over a year, syrups and solutions produce;
- Children over 7 years old can already use medications in the form of tablets.
In the instructions for drugs, a single dose of medication is usually indicated on average for the age of the child. But it is more correct to calculate the dose not by age, but by weight. Different kids in the same age can differ significantly in weight.
It should be known that when receiving the antipyretic, the temperature should not reach normal numbers at all. Effective is considered to reduce the temperature at least 1 degrees. But even if the temperature declined to a lesser extent, and the child's well-being improved is a positive effect of receiving the antipyretic.
Online pediatric doctor consultation
Cost consultation: 500 rubles
As part of the consultation, you will be able to voice your problem, the doctor will clarify the situation, decrypts the tests, will answer your questions and give the necessary recommendations.
What medications to reduce temperature can not be taken to children?
Nimesulide is banned for use in children under 12 years old. It has a pronounced toxic effect on the liver.
Analgin (sodium metamizol) causes a pronounced reduction in blood neutrophils, often causes anaphylactic shock. Analgin, unlike other antipyretic, is able to drastically reduce the body temperature to extremely low numbers (34-35 ° C). Its reception is possible only in special states, under the control of the doctor, in the form of injections.
Aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) is categorically prohibited in children under 15 years due to the fact that it causes the hardest complication with high death - Reia syndrome.
In conclusion, I want to say that all children, sooner or later, in their lives are found with high temperatures. There is nothing terrible in this if you know how to help the baby.