Determination of part of the speech
The word "five hundred" is a numeric name. This part of the speech indicates the number of items or their sequence number during the score. In Russian, there are several categories:
Quantitative numerals are used to designate the number of objects or abstract values. They answer the question "How much?" This type has no genus and numbers, but inclined by case. The exception is one and two - these numerals change according to childbirth.
Examples: in our class thirty students. Five hundred rubles remained in the wallet. There were four chairs in the room. I was given seventeen rubles. We have twenty-two employees.
In the proposal, quantitative numerals are consistent with nouns or perform the role of major words in phrases: two tables, seven books, five hundred inhabitants, three words, about five percent. Collective numerals are used when a certain number of objects is indicated as one. In modern language, words from two to ten can be applied in this form. This form is formed from the quantitative numerical with a suffix - it:
- Two - two children;
- Three - three days;
- Four - four grandchildren;
- Five - five brothers;
- Seven - seven kittens.
Ordinary numerals are the number at the score. They always denote one specific subject. They are formed from quantitative numbers: the fifth size, the fifteenth number, the fiftieth place, a five hundred people, put on the third table, and pr. Order numbers vary by childbirth, cases and numbers. The grammatical rules are the same as for complete names of adjectives.
Complicated numerals have 2 bases that are picked. They may be ordinal or quantitative. They can highlight 2 roots. The first is the full part of the number (one, two, etc.). The second part is an abbreviated form from the "ten" or the full word "hundred". Examples: eighteen, sixty, five hundred, eighteenth, sixtieth, five hundred.
Composite numerals include several separate words. They need to write separately. The number of words is equal to the number of significant numbers. It is excluded zero, but the discharge is taken into account - a thousand, a million, etc. for example, five hundred sixty-four, two thousand three hundred nineteen. Fractional numerals are used to indicate simple or decimal fractions.
Ordinal numerals can be simple, composite and complex. When consumed, there are rules for quantitative forms and adjectives. Writing this part of speech in different cases can be poured, separately or through a hyphen:
- Complicated numerals are picked together, in which the second half is formed from words ten, one hundred, thousands, million, billion. Examples: thirtieth pitch, five hundred member, thirty-fighter copy, fifteen millionth anniversary, four dollar bill.
- The hyphen is used in cases where the first part is written by numbers. Examples: 25 thousand, 500 million, 43-billion.
- Composite cleric, both ordinal and quantitative, are written separately. Examples: five hundred seventy-eighth, thirty-fifth, two hundred thirteenth and pr.
The change in childbirth and cases is made in the same way as the impressive names. For example: in the nominative case: the eighth day, the third party, the twelfth route. Parental: eighth order, third parties, twelfth route, etc.
Writing a soft sign
One of the most important points of spelling of simple and complex numerals is the use of a soft sign. It is placed in the following cases:
- At the end of the simple numeral - five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten.
- At the end of complex forms - from "eleven" to "thirty".
- In the middle of the word between the two roots - in words fifty - eighty and from five hundred to nine hundred. Thus, the "five hundred" is correct.
When declining complex forms or transition from quantitative to a sequence soft sign between the roots is replaced by the letter I. Examples: five hundred meters, seventy kopecks - no more than five hundred meters of seventy kopecks, five hundred page, seventieth litch. The use of the form "five hundred", "seven hundred" - grammatical error.
Thus, the correct answer to the question of how to write - pyatsoth or five hundred - implies the second option. Used without a soft sign - "Pyatsoth" is a rough mistake.
The norms of the Russian language are allowed two forms of words - zero or zero. However, they are used in different situations:
- In indirect cases, the word "zero" is used. Examples: The temperature dropped below zero. The difference is zero.
- In stable expressions, "zero" is more often used, but another form is allowed. Examples: zero attention, fourteen zero-zero, tends to zero.
From the word "zero" is formed a derivative of the adjective - zero result, zero meridian.
Decay by case
The declination of the cases of numeral names and how writes the word "five hundred" depends on the variety of this part of speech. The main parameters of spelling in the nominative and vinegenial cases:
- In the words "hundred" and "ninety" finishing about. In the rest of the case, they end on a. Examples: Put at the expense of ninety rubles, less than ninety pages, a hundred people, more than a hundred people.
- The word "two" ends on and.
- Nutritive "three hundred" and "four hundred" have the end of a.
- The word "forty" in the nominative and vinegenial cases is the end of zero. In other cases, the word ends at a. Examples: Forty meters, lack forty drawers, to forty years.
- The words "one and a half" and "connoisseurs", except for cognitive and vinitive cases, have another form for all other - one and a half and a half.
- All parts forming composite cleaner are inclined by cases separately. Example: seven hundred twenty-three, about five hundred seventeen and so on. The same rule applies to fractional numerals: one fifth, one fifth, one fifth, etc.
- The change in cases of the word "thousand" occurs just like nouns of the female genus 1 decline. The words "Million", "Billion" change as nouns of male genus 2 decline.
If it is necessary to draw a complicated sequence number, the end changes only in the last word: six hundred and twenty-eighth, six hundred and twenty eighth, etc.
In order not to confuse when the "five hundred" declining and other complex numerals can be remembered by 2 templates for which they change:
- The first pattern includes mainly the names of the second order numbers (from fifty to eighty). The first and second base end on a soft sign in the nominative and vinegenic case. In the parent, dative and the proposed, they end on-and. In the hardware - on-it. Examples: fifty, sixty, seven-day.
- The second pattern combines the names of hundreds - from two hundred to nine hundred. The first base is leaning as well as the previous group. The second base has a zero ending in the nominative parent and vinegenic case. In a given number, they ends on-whales, in the arterial - on -has, in the proposed - on -ah. Examples: Over five hundred, less than three hundred. It is impossible to write "more than five hundred, less than seven hundred".
In all Russian dictionaries, the only version of writing is five hundred. This is a complex numeral, which consists of two basics. Both parts of the word are picked. In the middle of all complex numeral, denoting hundreds, a soft sign is put in the nominative case. When declining the cases, the endings are changed from both basics.
To check the spelling of the unstressed vowel in the first-based basis, it is necessary to pick up a single word, where the letter will be shock. This verification word is "five". Complex adjectives, including numbers, are written individually if the first part is written in words: five-stalkometer. If the numeric value is written in numbers, between them and the second part is made a hyphen - 500-kilometer mileage.